We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion We are a Toronto-based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
Our company's purpose is to eliminate the pain that small business owners face through their financial management and banking. To achieve this, we're rebuilding business banking from the ground up. Imagine you could start with a clean slate and think of a different way to deliver banking to small businesses. What would you change? What would you keep? These are the decisions that we make every day.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ❤ marketing and communications. As a Content Marketing Manager, you'll work with our world-class Growth, Design, and Communications teams. You'll also benefit from our experienced leadership and incredible advisors. Our COO has helped build brands like Frank and Oak and has lectured about marketing at SXSW. Oh, and our CEO? 6 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We're building a product that solves real pain, vs the imagined kind. Feeling it?
Today you might be a Marketing Manager, Social Media Specialist, PR Manager, Copywritter or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven't heard of yet - we keep an open mind.
The most important characteristic for our Content Marketing Manager is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to be at your best. You know that somehow, you can figure anything out.
This attitude will make you successful on our team (note that this comes before all else):
The skills required for this role:
- You love writing impactful copy: You get giddy about crafting the perfect tagline, tweet, blog post, or email
- You make advocates: You understand the differences between each major social platform and how to use them to build a dedicated and loyal community
- You're a natural storyteller: You know how to weave a narrative that captures attention and generate amazing content on the regular
- You're adaptable: Jumping between writing styles comes naturally to you. You can read a style guide and turn in pitch perfect copy moments later
- Outstanding copywriting skills. Some people call you the songbird of your generation
- You live and breath social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Quora) #killingit
- Master-level content creation skills, both blogging and on social media
- Some experience writing ad copy. You don't have to be Don Draper, but you know how to string together a tagline
- Some experience writing email marketing copy. Basically, see above
- You've worked at a fast-growing startup.
- You've written articles for a major publication.
- You've built a social media following of 10,000+ followers.
- You've worked on ad or PR campaigns for national consumer product brands.
Few people have been trained for this sort of role. If you are this close to what we've described but aren't sure, apply. Let's figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a Content Marketing Manager, you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We're a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We're really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You'll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You're right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
We offer full health/dental benefits, competitive compensation/equity, and one hell of an adventure.
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.