We are seeking a Project Manager/Estimator to join our Residential & Multi-Family installations Electrical management team in Kamloops.
Howell Electric is an Electrical Contractor located in Kamloops for over 35 years.
The position is one of a handful of positions you are responsible for, and for directing and maintaining all aspects of the wood frame Residential and Multi-Family Electrical Installations after the project award.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of a complete Residential Wood frame Electrical Installation
- Direct our assigned electrical site foreman and other electrical site staff
- Work alongside the other project PM's to complete residential wood frame contract projects
- Work alongside the project estimating team to assist with securing project work
- Work along side our office administration team including, accounting, safety co-ordination, purchasing and warehousing
- Work with the client to achieve a complete project to their satisfaction
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency
- Ensures accurate and timely billing and payment
- Identify and request work orders as required
- Estimating and issuing Change Order pricing (training is included with the position)
- Journeyman Electrician qualification is required
- Experience in a similar role is preferred
- In lieu of direct PM experience, suitable candidates may be invited to demonstrate during a probation period instead
- Individuals holding a valid FSR (A, B or C) are preferred but not required
- Exemplary personal skills and a personable demeanor
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use a computer
- Excellent English communication skills
- Honest / outspoken and straightforward
This is a salaried position, salary will be determined based on experience and ability.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)