Under general supervision from the Controller, this position encompasses all payroll and benefit administration responsibilities for our Alberta based business unit. The incumbent will also be exposed to other opportunities to take on projects for skill enhancement and development.
- First point of contact for employees for time and attendance and payroll.
- Payroll; Time card entry, processing and posting, managing leave reports, WBC, benefits coordinator, payroll remittance, garnishments.
- Prepare and issue T4's.
- Remains up-to-date concerning payroll and benefit issues/entitlements through all applicable company policies and government legislation.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll.
- Issue ROE’s and prepare final pay cheques when required. Process and Statutory remittances.
- Complete new hire, termination, retirement, probation, and change process for all employees.
- Assist in maintaining employee files and HR filing system.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Liaise with department managers on Payroll related matters.
- Maintain related payroll records and reports in accordance with ESA & CRA.
- Accounts Payable; entering and organizing invoice, payments, reconciliation of payables report, management of process and vendor management.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained regarding pay and benefits information.
- Other administrative-related tasks as needed.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ Payroll Experience.
- Diploma in a related field of study.
- Possess or working towards a PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) or CPM (Certified Payroll Manager) Designation.
- Experience administering or knowledge of group benefit plans is a must.
- Excellent organization skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently within a team structure and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience with ADP, Ceridian or similar payroll systems is required.
- Strong PC skills especially in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial labour legislation.
- Time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability.
Compensation: Commensurate with skills, experience, and qualifications.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Payroll and Benefits Administration: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)