QC INSPECTOR (CWB LEVEL III)
The QC Inspector is required to carry out visual inspections of welds, to ensure work conforms to specifications, relevant codes, regulatory and client requirements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liase with production and NDE subcontractors.
- Evaluate material certificates and documentation delivered with goods against purchase order and material specifications, when required.
- Develop and maintain routine procedures for visual inspections of welds.
- Develop schedules for visual weld inspections and assist in development of inspection and test plans.
- Perform visual inspections of fit up prior to welding and finished welds.
- Monitor welding conditions, parameters, consumable control and post weld heat treatment operations.
- Perform dimensional checks and complete reports when required.
- Conduct inspections in areas of cut items, pre-assembled components, assembled components, identification of materials and transfer of identification, and material receiving.
- Ensure all necessary equipment for inspection and for performance of welding and post-weld heat treatment operations are calibrated and maintained.
- Ensure work is performed to meet established technical documentation for the actual project, including drawings, specifications, PWHT procedures, welding procedures, inspection plan, and instructions.
- Complete inspection reports and ensure all necessary documentation is completed, ready for filing and inclusion in final dossier.
- Assist in preparation of final project dossier.
- Ensure all ITP stages are followed and complied.
- Read piping isometrics, GA's and PID's.
- Knowledge of ASME, ABSA, API and CSA codes and standard.
- Material receiving inspection and verification.
- Maintaining welder qualification record.
- Monitoring welding and carrying out final weld visual inspection.
- Verifying all NDT completion releasing the piping for hydro test.
- Witness hydro tests.
- Final piping reinstatement inspection and witnessing applicable bolt torque.
- Experience with weld mapping and as-built drawings.
- Flange face inspection.
- Review and sign off on all visual inspection reports.
- Ensure compliance with designs, company standards, client specifications and global codes
- Inspection of fabrication stages and testing
- Read and understand P&ID’s, piping plans, elevations and piping isometrics
- Communicate effectively when a problem is identified
- Review, compiles and copies turnover packages and submits to the customer at the end of each project.
- Verifies and documents compliance with welding and installation procedures on a per job basis
- Perform other duties as directed by the Quality Manager.
The skills and abilities required would normally be associated with certification to CSA Standard W178.2-2014, Level III Welding Inspector, combined with a minimum of 5 years related experience. A demonstrated capability in the control, management and execution of the work is essential.
- Diploma / Degree in Mechanical or Welding Engineering.
- CWB Level 3 certification with 5+ years of experience.
- Well Versed in ASME and CSA Construction codes.
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle a multitude of tasks.
- Good computer skills, especially in the use of MS Office.
- Strong commitment to safety. Self-motivated, organized and able to work in a high-pressure deadline driven environment.
- Understands Quality Inspection Procedures, Tools and Equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- NDT inspection: 5 years (Required)