Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
Your role will be to participate in preparing proposals, performing engineering work, selecting technology and carrying out mechanical and multidisciplinary projects in the mining, energy and heavy industry sectors.
As a member of our team, your role will be to:
Work Schedule :
- Analyze, understand and solve various types of technical problems related to industrial mechanics and piping.
- Actively participate in small-, medium- and large-scale multidisciplinary mandates as part of a work team comprised of engineers and technicians.
- Perform detailed studies or engineering mandates for clients wanting to expand existing facilities or build new ones.
- Prepare plans and specifications based on guidelines for mechanical mandates.
- Make calculations.
- Prepare lists and bills of materials in accordance with codes, standards, drawings and other established methods while complying with the firm's Quality System requirements.
- Produce technical data sheets at client sites.
- Provide assistance to more experienced personnel for the technical aspects of complex tasks.
- Occasionally coordinate the work of drafters or other non-professionals at the request of a senior engineer.
- Occasionally supervise contractors on site.
- Ability to learn quickly and be self-reliant
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt
- Creativity and innovation in providing solutions
- University degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
- From 0 to 3 years of experience
- Member of the OIQ, or eligible for membership
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite and other applications as well as databases and interfaces
- Relevant experience in the industrial sector
- Solid knowledge of one or more of the following fields: pumping, HVAC, dust collection, thermal systems, conveyor systems and process equipment
- Available to travel occasionally between the Mont-Saint-Hilaire and Montréal offices
- Available for short-term assignments (mandatory) and long-term assignments (asset) to client sites all across Canada
- Asset: Knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Revit, AFT Fathom, Ansys and MS Office
- Asset: ASP Construction card
- Asset: Mechanical experience in the industrial, energy or mining sector
- Asset: Bilingual (English and French)
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.