You are a visionary and leader. Other Delivery Leads / and Architects come to you for advice and direction. You know what needs to be done, how to get it done and you have the drive to do so in a large corporation. You understand how to maneuver with agility in a global organization. CGI will be excited for you to represent us in front of our clients who are embarking onto Digital. CGI is supporting the banking and financial services industry to migrate their workloads from legacy to modern, enterprise data centers and to the cloud.
We need the best and brightest to help us along. Mentor and guide other members of the CGI Delivery and Architecture team to develop a new vision of either modern, enterprise data center or Cloud technologies.
Join our entrepreneurial team which is revolutionizing the way CGI does business. You will help shape the future of CGI and Banking.
We’re currently on a mission to grow our engineering footprint for our clients, and you will be a pillar of thought leadership and know-how to fuel our growth.
In this role you will use your leadership skills and knowledge of IT to oversee the architecture, design and delivery of solutions for a variety of customers. Your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help decision makers to make the right choices.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Create Application Solution Architecture in conformance with our clients’ Enterprise Architecture standards and organizational strategy to align business needs with modern technologies: On-Premise, Cloud Native and Hybrid.
- Lead and facilitates the design and implementation of technical solutions and processes related to technology architecture.
- Partner with our clients’ to define software application architectural possibilities, functionally appropriate systems, technically sound and well-integrated to business applications, data, and technology.
- Work with business and development teams to recommend processes and/or system design enhancements.
- Provide immediate response to critical production program-wide problems to evaluate solutions, coordinate applicable recovery, and ensure resolution.
- Provide strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide architectural recommendations and guidance and departmental presentations.
- Lead and facilitates the design of technology projects and applications.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Review technical work.
- Develop and recommends productivity aids to accelerate delivery.
- Create and manages key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and business scope.
- Ensure sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate negative enterprise technology and budget impacts.
- Identify risks or issues with technology solution and design that may impact realization of project benefits, and guides and supports stakeholders in making good decisions that proactively resolve or mitigate potential project risks/delays.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Identify and research relevant technologies, performs proofs of concept / prototypes, and recommends the applications of such technologies for future product architecture.
- Provide input into the preparation of business case.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization (e.g. sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks).
- Stay abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities, and individual learning.
- Provide architectural expertise and domain knowledge to advise and guide senior leaders.
- Operate at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Apply expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implement changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- At least 10-15 years of work experience in Software Applications and Systems design & development.
- Progressive work experience from Programmer to Solution Architect with at least 4 to 5 years of experience as Solution Architect.
- BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision.
- Sufficient business knowledge, preferably in Personal & Business Banking, to assess impact of applied technology on Customer’s, Employee's and Back Office Operation's business processes.
- Knowledge of project management methodology, Agile and Waterfall, and their applicability to successful delivery of technical change.
- Understands the strategic technical direction of: middleware, continuous Integration and continuous deployment, testing, systems management, enterprise data & access layers, and pertinent styles of computing,
- Expert knowledge in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration and globally distributed teams - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
- Expertise in Application Solution Architecture using following tools/technologies:
- RedHat OpenShift, Oracle Database, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, MyBatis or similar ORM
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Serverless/Lambda, Fargate / EKS, SQS, SNS, SMS, S3, KMS, API Gateway, NoSQL - Dynamo DB or similar, RDS
- Web Services and API development & management - REST & SOAP, Java, J2EE, JMS, NodeJS
- Bitbucket, Bamboo, Ansible, Maven/ANT, Source code management and CI/CD Pipelines
Job Type: Full-time