Sim is a leading supplier of film/TV studio, production equipment, as well as workflow/dailies and post-production services. We’re proud to have supported features such as "Deadpool," the Oscar-winning documentary, "OJ: Made in America," the hit shows, "Game of Thrones," "Mr. Robot," "Stranger Things" and "Handmaid's Tale”.
Our divisions are located throughout North America and provide a range of services, including Studio rentals (Vancouver), Lighting & Grip rentals (Vancouver, Toronto), Camera rentals (Vancouver, Toronto, Hollywood, Atlanta) and Post services (Vancouver, Toronto, Hollywood, New York, Atlanta). Our Hollywood office provides the industry's only camera-through-post services venue.
For more information, visit siminternational.com or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn @simcomplete.
About the position
This is a full-time, permanent position from Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm. 75% of customer contact is over the telephone. The Receptionist will answer and redirect all incoming phone calls in a timely manner, greet visitors to the office and direct them to the appropriate area, and provide the office with administrative support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming calls, screening and routing as required, taking and delivering messages as necessary
- Greet visitors to the office
- Monitor the arrival and presence of visitors to the facility and premises, granting access and directing guests as appropriate
- Arrange and book travel as required for staff, seeking appropriate approvals
- Assist in completion of staff expense reports
- Assist GM in planning and executing staff social events
- Sourcing and engaging vendors as directed (e.g. quotes for food trucks)
- Maintain a shared calendar of all meetings, meeting rooms, events, travel, vacations, etc.
- Responsible for the sorting and processing of outgoing and incoming mail and faxes, arranging, receiving and shipping of packages and small courier shipments
- Maintain postage meter and replenish funds when required
- Provide administrative support to divisional operations when requested
- Oversee stocking and ordering of office and kitchen supplies, obtaining all necessary approvals
- Maintain cleanliness of office and kitchen environments, water plants as necessary
- Filing, copying, compilation of lists and/or spreadsheets as required
- Carry out all other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of office equipment including Computers and Photocopiers;
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Will build a good knowledge of local vendors (e.g. food trucks, restaurants, travel amenities, etc.)
- Internal contact with all employees;
- Frequent external contact with customers, vendors, suppliers, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is carried out in a typical office environment with infrequent exposure to a warehouse;
- Requires sitting at workstation for time periods exceeding two hours and focusing on a computer screen.
So why should you choose Sim?
We can offer you:
- Competitive wages in line with market standards;
- Retirement savings program with company matching;
- Comprehensive company-sponsored health benefits;
- Perks including discounted health and wellness programs;
- Exposure to best-in-class motion picture technologies;
- Free parking (at many locations);
- Company events including, food truck lunches, summer BBQ’s, technology workshops, and industry events;
- The opportunity to mentor new hires and interns;
- Open-door communication;
- A work environment where you can really make an impact!
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sorting and sending mail
- Stocking supplies
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors