Our client, an established General Contractor in the Niagara region, is hiring a Project Coordinator with ICI experience to compliment the construction team.
The Project Manager is primarily responsible for planning, executing, and delivering contracted corporate projects on time as well and managing their project team; within budget, and in accordance with specifications. To achieve these important goals, the Project Manager will define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and supervise the efforts of members. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, and clear communication of expectations to stakeholders and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project's lifecycle.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of specific projects, ranging from strategic planning initiatives to tactical activities.
- Design, implement, and supervise the implementation of new system installations, expansions, modifications, migrations, and so on.
- Establish a Project Charter for the specified project, defining the project's goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
- Manage project activities throughout the lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or PM methods.
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
- Negotiate with other business units to obtain required skill sets.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and forums in order to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate these into project plans.
- Establish, implement, and follow a formal change management program.
- Reallocate resources across multiple projects where necessary; identify and resolve any resource allocation discrepancies.
- Adhere to established methodologies for project management.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget; procure extra budget funding where necessary.
- Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Manage project dependencies.
- Conduct project post mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Sciences
- Experience in ICI Sector
- 5 years of direct work experience in project management
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Familiarity with Jonas project management software.
- Ability to assess corporate climate, socio-economic factors, trends, and other criteria to determine chances of project success.
- Intuitive grasp of organizational structure in order to manage cross-departmental and cross-disciplinary resource allocation.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Superb creation and facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Persuasive and motivating, with a strong focus on managing consultants.
- Travel is required.
- Overtime as required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Work Hours: 8:00am- 5:00pm Monday- Friday (Lunch: 1 hour)
- Benefits, RRSP Matching
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)