CGI is seeking a contracts specialist who will be responsible for a variety of contracting activities conducted by the Quebec City Business Unit, with a particular emphasis on governmental (federal, provincial and municipal) contracts. The position will be based in Montreal, Quebec Canada or Quebec City, Quebec Canada and will report to Legal Counsel.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Support Legal Counsel
- Act as a point of contact for CGI Business' questions on contracts and legal issues;
- Obtain background information, respond and escalate to Legal Counsel as required;
- Determine specific approaches to problem resolution in consultation with Legal Counsel;
- Convey options to CGI Business Leads.
Review Business Leads' Contracts
- Review, edit, provide alternate wording and advice to CGI Business on contract amendments, teaming agreements, SOWs and other documents as required (curb scope creep, clarify expectations, reduce CGI liability/exposure);
- Consider effect of flow down/flow up terms; and
- Review client and vendor legal documents.
Review RFX bids
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Review terms in RFx's and in CGI bid response documents to determine whether CGI responses are in line with CGI's frameworks and risk tolerance
- Review RFx's to uncover legal provisions that conflict with CGI's contract management frameworks;
- Provide wording for proposal and contract responses;
- Flag legal exceptions for escalation / approval; and
- Advise Business on the use of appropriate contract terms including client and vendor 'flow-through' terms
What you can expect from us:
- At least five (5) years of experience with a major corporation creating legal documentation or law firm;
- Experience with information technology contracts and government procurement is an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken French (bilingual/written English is an asset);
- Practical, efficient and responsive with a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills including interpreting complex concepts and evaluating internal risks
- Resilient to stress, able to perform under pressure;
- Flexibility to work independently as well as in a team; and
- An undergraduate degree with a working knowledge of contracting and accounting principles (e.g. profit and loss implications of contracts) or in lieu of undergraduate degree, a diploma/certification from an accredited institution and appropriate professional experience
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.