We Bring Food to Your Family’s Table!
Make “Another Cool Move” – Join our Family at Erb Transport!
We are now hiring a full-time Lead Planner position is available at our Baden location.
Shift Details: Monday –Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Full-time position, salary based on 45 hours per week.
- Plan a group of trucks and drivers 48 – 72 hours in advance
- Daily review of fleet personnel to ensure proper allocation of human resources and equipment in order to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Schedule assignments and coordinate activities as it pertains to their fleet, Driver Coordinator, and Customer Service Representative.
- Liaise with other operating locations to maximize equipment efficiency and utilization
- Work with Operations Manager and intercompany staff to assist with vacation coverage and shift coverage.
- Work in coordination with all departments to ensure efficiency from freight booking to final delivery.
- Respond to queries from employees and customers regarding service issues.
- Establish routing based on contract requirements and update as needed.
- Prepare various daily, weekly and monthly dashboard reports, dashboards will measure, number of miles per truck, number of miles per driver, rate per mile and empty miles.
- All other duties as required.
- Employee must be flexible with a composed approach.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- A positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to identify and constructively make recommendations regarding operational improvements.
- At least 3 years’ previous experience as a dispatcher in the transportation industry.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel. Previous experience with routing software is an asset.
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and various equipment types.
- Knowledge of Highway Traffic Act, hours of service logs, load security, weight restrictions and Regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility for shift coverage.
Veterans are encouraged to apply
Erb Limited is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Named by Truckload Carriers Association as Best Fleet To Drive For (2019) and Top Fleet Employers through Trucking HR Canada (2019), Erb has evolved from a dream into a mission of Service, Satisfaction and Success. Currently we have grown significantly since our induction in 1959 and have become one of Canada’s largest family-owned refrigerated trucking companies. Although we have over 1400 employees, we have not forgotten where we started or that our greatest asset is our people. Erb has been built by long-term employees who are promoted from within, and who are recognized for their talent, dedication and hard work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- transportation dispatch: 3 years (Required)