Campbell River, British Columbia
Position: Hotel Accountant/ Bookkeeper
Located at the city center of Campbell River, the Coast Discovery Inn Hotel is a renowned hotel by the Coast Hotels brand. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our fast-growing hotel company.
We are a passionate, and growing team, and are looking for someone who is hardworking, organized yet able to multi-task, and highly adaptable in a fast-paced setting.
As a Hotel Bookkeeper, you understand the importance of helping the Operations Managers and the Company co-ordinate tasks, and will be ready when called upon time sensitive tasks. With your professional personality and diligent attitude, you will be empowered to deliver on our mission of "Creating one of the best Hotel in Western Canada!".
This position will provide support to the Main management, assist in daily operations accounting, and manage, and monitor the general administrative funds and activities.
This could you be your launch pad to grow together with the company, and as well as your career!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately account for transactions in the general ledger accounts
- Prepare and review working papers that support account balances and investigation of any issues
- Prepare and post journal entries, maintain data
- Perform Account, Bank, and Revenue reconciliations
- Prepare Tax returns, and help prepare Payroll payments
- Prepare monthly royalty payments
- Analyze accounts, expense costs for reasonableness
- Import financial data into the accounting software for the compilation of the general ledger
- Perform month-end and year-end financial statements for presentation to Senior management
- May work with the external accountants to facilitate the preparation of externally prepared year-end financial statements
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards
- Review and authorize vendor payments
- Preparation of financial reports for Senior management as requested
- Communicate with the general managers of the various properties, and providing financial guidance
- Good computer skills
- Payroll and benefits knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills, such as to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the company
- Experience with a public accounting firm will be preferred
- High degree of professional integrity
- Able to handle many projects simultaneously, to manage time deadlines and to prioritize effectively
Pay & Career Benefits:
- Starting pay is $19 and up, will depend on experience, and performance
- Opportunities for Career growth
- Employee discount rates at Coast hotels
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)