We are seeking an accounting student or accounting technician looking to expand their accounting knowledge, particularly within the public practice realm. Familiarity with accounting procedures and applications is required although we will consider varying levels of experience for qualified applicants.
Essential Duties and Experience:
- Ability to prepare complete working papers, journal entries, financial statements and tax returns in conjunction with firm policies and regulatory requirements
- Ability to complete audit field work under the supervision of senior auditors and partners
- Ability to prepare personal and corporate tax returns
- Professional level of written and verbal communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Computer knowledge with Caseware, Taxprep (or similar tax program), Excel, Simply and/or QuickBooks will be beneficial.
- Understanding of basic financial accounting principles and a minimum one-year previous experience however we are willing to train the right candidate
- The successful candidate should be looking for continued growth within the position towards having a more advanced role.
Hryciuk Gallinger is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive remuneration package including benefits and a flexible work schedule. This is a full-time position and remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience demonstrated. We appreciate all that apply however only those short listed will be contacted.
Please apply by email no later than September 18, 2019
Job Type: Full-time