Job Description: Clerk
Hours of Work: able to work a flexible schedule & varying hours a week.
The primary objective of this role is to provide exceptional customer service to our customers, maintain a clean and
organized store/workspace, and follow direction given by all levels of management.
The Store Clerk will be required to carry out but not limited to the following duties within the store.
- Serve customer in a timely manner;
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service;
- Process Cash & POS transactions;
- Stock and face merchandise to company standards;
- Dust, sweep and other cleaning duties;
- Organize and stock coolers and freezers;
- Complete price checks;
- Complete lotto training and process lotto transactions;
- Check for valid government ID’s when selling age-restricted products;
- Adhere to all internal policies;
- Communicate effectively with management and other team members;
- Maintain acceptable dress code standards;
- Follow Violence Prevention and Health & Safety Regulations as set out by Work Safe BC;
- Report unsafe working conditions to management;
- Other duties as directed.
- Reports to Supervisor, Assistant Manager & Store Manager
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Ability to follow direction and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate the ability to work on till with minor or no cash outages
Qualifications & Experience:
Speak, read, write English
Add, subtract, multiply, divide.
Lift at least 40lbs
At least 1-year Customer Service experience preferred however, we are willing to train the right person.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- cash handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Campbell River, BC (Required)
- WHMIS (Preferred)
- FoodSafe Level 1 (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)