The position operates in the area of procurement estimating, bid analysis, selection of suppliers, engineered equipment, subcontracts, professional services, commodities, site purchasing, material management, contract administration, site mobilization and demobilization and supplier quality surveillance. Long-term relocation and short-term field assignments will be required for this position. If assigned to the project site, a purchasing agent will partner with the purchasing manager or material manager with site purchasing and material control.
- Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
- Complete project planning for estimating, procurement execution and subcontract administration.
- Lead the evaluation and monitoring of contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine needs for changes.
- Leverage vendors/subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to project(s).
- Purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts.
- Provide training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procedures are followed.
- Actively develop budgets, schedules and performance plans to meet customer and company goals and objectives.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and manage any issue resolutions related to undelivered goods.
- Prepare/issue Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluate vendor/subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule at the estimating, execution and site purchasing levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization; SAP Experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent degree or military experience
- Knowledge of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality, subcontract administration and site purchasing
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
- Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
- RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.