Under the overall direction of the Tech Services manager has immediate responsibility for assisting our senior staff members. This will include maintaining security monitoring tools, review security scanning/logging as well as document/mitigation of any security issues or breaches. Effectively communicates issues, concerns and provides training to all staff. Will work closely with the other IT Support staff and the staff of other departments, as necessary.
Information Security Analyst Responsibilities:
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to senior management
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
Information Security Analyst Requirements:
- MBA in information systems.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Cisco ASA or Watchguard Firewall experience
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Linux/Apache firewall experience
- IIS security
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
Job Type: Full-time