Before and After School Program Positions
Up to 27.50 hours per week (varies between programs)
HOURLY RATE OF PAY:
Ranges from $17.36 to $20.72
(Including the 2019 Provincial Child Care Wage Enhancement as applicable)
There is a possibility of additional hours within our child care centres. Details will be provided at your interview if applicable.
We are seeking to fill various Before and After School Age Program positions with reliable, friendly,
energetic and engaged individuals. The successful candidates will be required to possess the following
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Child & Youth Worker, Recreation and Leisure,
Educational Support Worker, Elementary Education-Primary division, Educational Assistant,
Social Service Worker or Developmental Service Worker
- Students studying in the above fields are also welcome to apply
- A member in good standing of the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators (if applicable)
- Current Certification in Standard First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR
- Current Criminal Reference Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check acceptable to Good
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
The successful candidates will provide child care for children (3.8 to 12 years of age) in a group setting
under the direction of Good Beginnings.
They will follow the vision, mission, philosophy, Program Statement, confidentiality, and the policies
established by the Board of Directors, and regulations under the Child Care and Early Years Act. They
will also be required to work as part of a team, to guide children in all areas of development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Plan and implement activities based on the children’s needs and interests
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, listening and non-verbal
- Works as a co-operative and respectful member of the team
- Adhere to all licensing requirements as set out by the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as established by the Board of Directors of Good
- Familiarity with the following curriculum/resources would also be an asset:
o How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
o Child Care and Early Years Act:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Ashley Hoover, Human Resources Coordinator
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.