Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc
(Kamloops Indian Band)
Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc (TteS) is a fast-growing vibrant organization committed to the development and progress of its Band Members and
Community. As such, the TteS invites applications from qualified, highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following position.
Lands Data Entry Clerk
Lands, Leasing & Tax Department
Manager, Lands, Leasing & Tax
2020 - 041
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Lands Data Entry Clerk is responsible for maintaining and managing the computerized records system and
Netlands of the department. The position provides support and relieves other LLT Department positions ON
AN AS NEEDED BASIS (Lands Clerk and Receptionist/Secretary etc.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. This position is responsible for updating the electronic database and Netlands for record keeping and
tracking of Lands activities and appropriate distribution of documents. (95%)
- Maintains and updates electronic database and Netlands, notifies Lands, Leasing & Tax staff,
other TteS departments of any changes of the lessee’s, sublessee’s or permittee’s.
- Researches, reviews, and inputs details as registered into the electronic database and Netlands
as directed by the Leasing Officers and/or Department Manager,
- Where authorized distributes reports to designated staff, appropriate TteS departments and
- When required provides assistance, and in the absence of the Lands Clerk provides backfill
inputting documents in Indian Land Registry computerized system and distributing to
appropriate TteS departments and outside agencies.
- Receives and responds to inquiries as authorized as it relates to the electronic database and
- Reviews, verifies, records, inputs and reconciles all lease, sublease and permit information in
the electronic database and Netlands.
- Reviews, validates and cross references information related to leases, subleases and permits as
received from LLT and TteS Departments in an electronic database and Netlands.
- As required provides information to the Leasing Officers from the electronic database and
Netlands when they are preparing administrative documentation for monitoring and
compliance activities such as rent reviews.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the TteS policies, standards, and
- Maintains confidentiality on all matters relating to the affairs of TteS.
- Drafts letters from time to time and maintains correspondence as needed.
2. 5% All Other related duties as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND OTHER SKILLS:
- Professional Certification, Education and Experience
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- One to two years experience in the clerical field and experience in record keeping,in advanced
Personal Computing Skills in Word processing, Database and Spreadsheet applications
- Prefer Lands Management Training Program.
- Prefer knowledge of the Indian Land Registry System
- Current valid Class 5 ‘Drivers’ License.
- Keyboarding speed of at least 40 w.p.m
Skills and Abilities
HOURS OF WORK:
- Excellent record keeping, organizational and planning skills.
- Must have strong teamwork and cooperation, service orientation skills.
- Ability to set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to verify, research and collect data and prepare reports and other documents.
- Accuracy and neatness in work.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Flexible, committed and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
Normal Day shifts – 7 hours. Non-normal shifts maybe required.
35 hour work week within our regular hours of operation Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to
4:00 p.m. as per the Employee Policy Manual Section E – Hours of Work
$14.60 - $17.03 Dependent Upon Experience
Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will
In accordance with Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act and pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human
Rights code, it is TteS Policy to practice preferential hiring for Aboriginal peoples. Candidates who wish to qualify for
preferential consideration must self-identify.
Deadline for the Job posting is August 21, 2020 by 2:00pm
Submit Job Application Form, cover letter, resume, and references
https://tkemlups.ca/job-application-form/, by fax: 250.828.9847,
or in person, at our Human Resources office #200 – 330 Chief Alex Thomas Way.
Office Hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. &
closed for lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
We require each applicant to fill out
an online application form which can be found a t:
Any late submissions or submissions without the job application form will not be considered.