The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 190 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. [name of retail, subsidiary or FCL] invites applications for the position of [Job title].
Meadow Lake Co-op is welcoming applications for a positive and enthusiastic Pharmacy Manager to lead our innovative and professional Pharmacy located in Meadow Lake. This pharmacy has a Scriptpro pill robot to allow for more efficient prescription fills.
You will take the lead in all hiring and developing our Pharmacy & Home Health Team with the goal of delivering consistent positive experiences and an outstanding “You’re at Home Here” customer service level. As a brand ambassador, you will model living the brand everyday through our Mission Statement and our values of Community, Service, Teamwork and Performance. We offer the autonomy of an independent pharmacy with the stability, competitive salary and benefits package of an established and successful retail co-operative.
- Manage the delivery of a high standard of usual pharmacy functions, including accurate preparation and counselling of medication
- Provide leadership and support to the Pharmacy Team in practicing with the expanded scope-of-practice – including medication reviews, developing care plans and follow-ups, injections, etc. and in the Home Health Care line of business
- Be responsible for communication, planning, organizing, implementation and execution within the pharmacy
- Be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Pharmacy team in all areas of People, Financial, Market Growth, Sustainability, and Operational Excellence.
- Be motivated to growing our Pharmacy business and committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Build and maintain relationships with internal & external customers and team members
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure employee development and succession planning is a high priority
- Develop business relationships with local health care providers
- Be safety aware and contribute to building and sustaining our positive safety culture
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Licensed and able to practice pharmacy in Saskatchewan (and be in good standing with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacists)
- Demonstrated initiative and drive for results; excels in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills, good communication and leadership skills
- Experience supervising a pharmacy team
- Ability to handle multiple demands - adaptable, organized, efficient and committed
- Ability to work proactively as a member of a dynamic and energetic team
- Willingness to be a part of the community
- Willing to actively participate in patients’ healthcare outcomes
- Willingness to participate in various managed care initiatives (osteoporosis, diabetes, cholesterol, hypertension & asthma) and wellness clinics within the community
- Experience with Home Health Care products would be an asset
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to stand for the length of a shift and ability to lift up to 15 kg (35 lbs)
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan (including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, a Company Matched Pension, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and an Employee Rebate Policy) in a rewarding and supportive, professional and collaborative work environment that fosters learning, growth and professional development. Excellent opportunity for advancement exists.
Meadow Lake Co-op is a leader in the CRS, serving 8,400 members in the north-west corner of Saskatchewan. Meadow Lake has a population of 5,300 with all services and is located 300 km north-west of Saskatoon. Our Pharmacy is open 9 am – 6 pm Monday through Friday and closed statutory holidays. If you enjoy fishing, camping, hunting and snowmobiling, you will love Meadow Lake!
Meadow Lake Co-op thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Apply Online or submit a detailed résumé in confidence on or before November 30, 2019 to:
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL)
Box 1050, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3M9
401 – 22nd Street East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0H2