Exciting development projects. Bold lifestyle adventures. A culture of collaboration. Interested? Let’s talk.
Who We Are: Hudbay is a Canadian integrated mining company with operations, development properties and exploration activities across the Americas principally focused on the discovery, production and marketing of base and precious metals.
The Opportunity: We are seeking Red Seal Heavy-Duty Equipment Technicians for our 777 Mine in Flin Flon, MB. This position is a 7 x 7 schedule and reports to the Maintenance Superintendent.
Please note this is not a “fly-in-fly-out” opportunity.
Relocation packages and housing assistance is available to move you and your family to the vibrant community of Flin Flon, MB.
- Receives general instructions and plan of work to be performed.
- Communicates with other journeyman, engineering, trade and operating supervision on methods, procedures and hazards.
- Inspects job and determines nature and extent of repairs, methods, materials, tools, etc. exercises judgement in the selection of materials and tools, and in methods so that job is performed in accordance with accepted safety standards.
- Trouble shoots, plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, low voltage direct current, electronics and pneumatic principles, trade techniques, properties of various materials and operating and application principles of equipment.
- Interprets prints or sketches and makes installation or repairs as specified. Consults with foremen regarding standards
- Installs and repairs mechanical equipment such as compressors, pumps. generators, fans, mobile and fleet, drilling, loading and haulage equipment
- Directs apprentices in securing tools and indicates work that apprentices are to do.
- Recommend system and parts modifications, repair or replacement, changes in materials
- Follows specifications on complex equipment diagrams, parts drawings and catalogs.
- Examines and reasons through causes for failure or improper operation of engines, running gear, parts and equipment.
- Repairs and rebuilds engines, hydraulic and electric systems of diesel, electric, propane, gasoline and pneumatic powered equipment.
- Repairs and rebuilds transmissions, traction motors and differentials.
- Uses precision testing equipment to determine source and cause of trouble and to perform close tolerance adjustment.
- Test operates repaired equipment as required.
- Makes field repairs as required to get equipment back in service
- Keeps tools and equipment in clean and orderly condition
- Observe all policies and procedures, observes applicable quality, environmental, safety and hygiene regulations.
- Maintains log books as required by legislation and policy. Reports irregularities to supervision.
- Must be a Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
- Experience in mining is preferred
Compensation Package: $41.22/hour plus underground bonus, Profit sharing, Full benefits package beginning day 1 of employment, Relocation assistance and Pension.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $41.22 /hour
Job Type: Full-time