Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
It takes a great team to deliver the environmental projects that clean up our communities and improve our natural resources, and that includes those who coordinate travel and equipment for field workers to the field. We’re seeking a Field Logistics Coordinator to work on travel coordination for field staff, and tracking field resources and travel needs while following Jacobs and client policies. You’ll apply your strong communication skills as you work with customers to resolve issues and problems.
Based in western Canada, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary project teams, clients, and various vendors. Booking and tracking may include accommodations, commercial airline flights, vehicles, helicopters, and equipment. You will assist with the coordination and movement of people conducting field studies along with their equipment. Furthermore, you will ensure all field staff have equipment, accommodations and transportation that meet legal, regulatory and safety requirements.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- This is a temporary position that can be based out of one of our western Canada offices (Calgary, Vancouver, Victoria); however, alternate locations may be considered based on the individual application. The position includes evening and weekend support, with work being performed on an as-needed basis.
- Experience with MS Office Suite with expert excel skills
- Fluent in English – both written and verbal
- Accurate record keeping and strong time management skills
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Travel and logistics coordination experience
- Experience supporting field service crews
- Experience with tracking safety tickets and training
- Experience in equipment and PPE tracking
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills
- Investigation and troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to manage high volumes of information with quick turnaround
- Positive attitude and self-motivated, with strong consideration for safety in the field
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and suited to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team