$15.58 - $20.77/Hourly
Part Time, Permanent
As soon as possible
Executive Housekeepers (6213)
NOC Job Title:
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Expires in 0 days
100 Esplanade Avenue
Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia
V0M 1K0, Canada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs a daily check of all public areas. Reports all maintenance required to the Engineering Department and Executive Housekeeper. Any cleaning discrepancies or omissions are reported to the Executive or Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
2. Performs at least one Quality Room Inspection each day, based on business volumes. Takes action to rectify all problems failing to meet hotel standards. Coaches Room Attendants to correct identified guest room cleaning deficiencies.
3. Promotes and supports the use of Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa Service Standards.
4. Addresses internal and external guest complaints to resolve problems or concerns.
5. Performs opening and closing duties according to the daily occupancy and scheduled tasks.
6. Monitors the productivity and quality of work of the Housekeeping team. Initiates, monitors and adjusts the daily action plan to ensure all public areas are clean, guest rooms are ready by 4pm (or as needed), soiled linens are laundered and reports any issues or concerns to the Executive or Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
7. Supports the completion of all projects as assigned/scheduled by the Executive and Assistant Executive Housekeepers. (i.e. shampoo programs, furniture moving, floor washing, deep cleaning, etc.)
8. Issues daily work assignments and any special instructions or guest needs to the Housekeeping Team.
9. Meets all guest special requests promptly and efficiently.
10. Keep records showing all scheduled work completed (i.e., Rooms shampooed, furniture moved, repairs, etc.)
11. Ensures consistent inventories in linen closets through communications with the Truck/Linen Attendants.
12. Ensures Room Attendants are stocking their carts at the beginning of their shifts and not at the end of the day.
13. Ensures Room Attendants bring all Lost and Found items from guest rooms to the Seamstress at the end of their scheduled shift.
14. Assists Housekeeping associates with their daily tasks as needed (illness or other staffing shortages, sudden changes in the daily action plan, etc.)
15. Provides direction to the Night Maids for Turn down Service and special projects based on occupancy levels to ensure their hours are being utilized.
16. Some stress resulting from daily guest interactions (internal and external), budgetary, and time constraints.
17. Perform other job related duties as assigned by the Executive and Assistant Executive Housekeepers.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Housekeeping or Laundry Supervisory experience, in a busy Resort environment required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills balanced with well-developed computer literacy (preferably SMS and Microsoft Office programs).
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task.
- Ability to provide and take direction effectively.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills required.
- Assist in the managing of up to 80 associates in the Housekeeping Department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures, company policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include assisting in associate training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Second Language is an asset.
- Flexible to a changing schedule.
- WHMIS certificate is an asset.
How to Apply
Jan 27, 2020