Creole, a new restaurant and bar offering authentic Jamaican cuisine in Vaughan. We pride ourselves in serving quality Jamaican cuisine in a vibrant and modern atmosphere.
We are looking for a Kitchen Helper to assist the Executive Chef and Line Cook in their daily duties. The Kitchen Helper must possess a strong knowledge of our menu and recipes and play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction.
- Adhering to all food handling and health & safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and sanitize kitchen and back of house including washing tableware, kitchen tools, etc.
- Plating food
- Food preparation (i.e. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, etc.)
- Disposing of waste & recycling
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience working in a busy kitchen
- Familiarity with Jamaican/Caribbean cuisine is an asset
- Thorough understanding of safe food handling
- Demonstrates a high level of self-discipline in work habits and work quality
- Positive attitude and respectful demeanour
- Dependable, hard working and disciplined
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work various shifts including weekends and holidays
- Working in a kitchen environment
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
If you think that you are the right fit for this position, please respond to this ad with your resume and work availability. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)