The Head of Product and Pricing is accountable to lead, direct, and control the company’s Product, Pricing, and Underwriting strategy and resources to maintain short and long-term growth profitability targets.
This role reports directly to the CEO, and is responsible to direct all product and underwriting functions to ensure they meet the company’s business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations and underwriting/actuarial guidelines.
A key mandate of this role will be to establish a new competitive market strategy that leverages new data points, emerging markets, and a futuristic approach to our strategic roadmap.
Transformation of Product and Underwriting requires a focus on data and technology to increase innovation and effectiveness across the entire product value chain. Our ideal candidate has a strong vision for running a market leading product strategy and proven experience in building effective teams.
This individual will work collaboratively with sales, marketing, operations and our client success teams, while driving full life-cycle product development that will establish Allianz Global Assistance as a market leader.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead, direct, and control the company’s product, pricing and fulfillment resources to maintain the short and long-term growth and profitability targets
- Direct all product and underwriting functions to ensure they meet the company’s business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations and underwriting/actuarial guidelines
- Build a long term view of emerging trends and technologies within the travel product landscape
- Contribute to strategic planning and decision-making at the top executive level to develop and implement a product and underwriting strategy that aligns with the company’s business objectives
- Establish budgets, plans, policies, and programs that will achieve these strategic objectives
- Work closely with the CEO and senior management team on strategic decisions relating to strategic growth, inspiring employees, achieving operational targets and generating results
- Partner regionally and globally on projects and initiatives
What Skills and Experience We Require:
- 15 years’ experience in the Product and Underwriting fields with a minimum of 10 years’ experience within a people leadership role
- A demonstrated ability to develop a strategic roadmap, with deep expertise in insurance
- An innovative mindset, and the ability to influence
- An insurance related designation, such as CIP/FCIP, CEBS, LOMA or CRM
- An understanding of the travel industry, market, client, business development and governmental trends affecting Allianz Global Assistance’s competitiveness would be helpful
- Working knowledge of actuarial models, pricing concepts and reserving required
- Ability to think strategically forward in a 3-5 year time span and be able to develop strategies and plans to meet future-facing goals
- University Degree in a related discipline
- Proven results oriented leader with a demonstrated ability to gain the respect and trust of employees at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision-making without direct authority
- Experience working in a matrix environment preferred
What we offer you:
- A competitive total rewards package, including a competitive base salary, benefits as of day one, and membership in the company’s Annual Incentive Plan
- Flexible work hours
- A supportive team environment
- The possibility of developing a long-term career in the insurance sector while helping others
All successful candidates must be able to pass an Enhanced Reliability Check performed by the Government of Canada.
At Allianz Global Assistance, you will feel good about your career, the company, and positively impacting people’s lives. At Allianz Global Assistance, you will feel at home. Allianz Global Assistance offers a very competitive total rewards package. If you are interested in applying for this or any other opportunity, please visit our Careers’ page at www.allianz-assistance.ca.
Regrettably, due to the volume of applications received, only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time