We Are Looking For A Passionate And Professional Team Leader. Is It You?
Founded in 1925 as the Visiting Homemakers Association, VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that that drives positive change in community support and home health care. We offer 24/7 health care and support services to people of all ages and cultural backgrounds. Our goal is to provide clients with spectacular service when, where and how they want it to support their independence. Our caring team of over 2,700 professionals includes nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, personal support workers, home support workers, cleaners, social workers, dietitians, and speech-language pathologists. We deliver the highest quality client support at home, in the community and in long-term care facilities.
Why work with us?
At VHA, we envision spectacular care for all who need it. We are on a mission to create possibilities for more independence and believe our care must be client-driven focused on what matters most to our clients and their families. Our care is delivered by an innovative skilled team that has tremendous heart.
To ensure an unsurpassed experience for our clients, VHA Home HealthCare is currently recruiting for a Regional Manager, Client Services for our Central East region, which encompasses Scarborough and Durham. This is a permanent, full-time role and will be based out of our office in Whitby. In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- work with a skilled, diverse, inclusive and dedicated Client Services’ team who are passionate about achieving our vision of accessible, quality care for all who need it.
- experience VHA’s commitment to creating a positive and rewarding work environment and an organizational culture of on-going learning and quality improvement.
- work in partnership to support the delivery of high quality, multidisciplinary services (Nursing, Rehab and Personal Support).
- act as a liaison between VHA and funders and partners.
- grow and develop as a professional and leader.
- participate as a member of VHA’s leadership team
The Regional Manager is accountable for the delivery of high quality, multidisciplinary services in the Central East region, including client care, stakeholder relationship management, contract management, and team leadership. This includes overseeing operations relating to all aspects of service delivery and human resources within an established budget. This role acts as liaison between various VHA departments and employees, and problem solves critical issues. As a member of the VHA management team this individual ensures that all activities including meeting all key performance indicators are conducted within the policies, procedures and standards of confidentiality of VHA.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviors required for this position:
- Advanced knowledge of service delivery in the Home and Community Health Care Sector with a minimum of 5 years' of progressive management experience.
- Graduate of a recognized university program in a regulated health profession, nursing preferred.
- Superior knowledge of clinical service processes and current health care and related issues.
- Extensive knowledge of home and community programs and resources.
- Established reputation in home and community based health care. Is a definite asset
- Strong team building and staff development capabilities.
- Knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement processes.
- Skills and experience in customer service techniques and enhancing overall client experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead program development and implementation.
- Demonstrated success in meeting key performance indicators.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Current regulatory college registration in good standing.
- Strong planning; prioritizing, problem solving and project management skills.
- Demonstrated interest in professional self-development and maintenance of membership in the appropriate professional association and respective College.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required to travel within GTA and Central East Region.
How to Apply
Our online application should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.