To be based at 100 Midland Drive, Dieppe NB
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the successful candidate must be customer focused, thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy and detail. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a “can do” attitude.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in accounting and achieved or working towards accounting designation (CA, CMA , CGA or CPA);
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience;
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Familiarity with JD Edwards E1 would be considered an asset;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks;
- Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering high quality work;
- Drive and motivation to continually ensure integrity and improve financial reporting.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
- Preparation and analysis of weekly/monthly Financial Statements;
- Internal controls and compliance monitoring;
- Aid in annual budget process;
- Identify improvements for accounting processes;
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Please apply online by October 21st, 2019.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.