Saba Software is a cloud-based talent development/management platform that delivers a continuous employee development experience - from personalized training and collaboration to real-time coaching, goal setting and feedback. A global leader with close to $300M US in revenue, 1,400 employees in 17 countries, serving more than 4,000 customers, and tens of thousands of end users. Named a Leader in the Talent Development/Management Technology Value Matrix 2018 report from Nucleus Research, Saba was voted a winner in the 2018 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation.
Sr. Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Storage Administrator
The Sr. Cloud Infrastructure Engineerwill be part of the SABA Cloud Operations team and will be responsible for building a distributed computing operating system, middleware, services layer abstraction and operational API. Our goal is to manage a platform used by the customer and maintain 99.99% availability and scale the environment to support changing customer needs.
Success in this role requires very strong technical skills, a broad background, and understanding of every layer of the systems ecosystem. It is absolutely critical that you have skills to work in a dynamic, fast paced technical environment.
- Ensure the platform maintains 99.5% uptime. Work towards a target of platform availability to 99.99%
- Responsible for the overall health of all SABA Cloud Product portfolios.
- Technical analysis and resolution of customer issues, balance technology needs with business, customers' needs and demands.
- Responsible for all technology stacks that supports a customer service. This includes the Network, Server HW, and Operating System, Middleware technologies, Java and Web applications.
- Responsible to correlate logs and events to pin point a technical issue.
- Responsible to analyze monitoring alerts and reports from New Relic, Nagios, check_mk, Web Robot, Splunk and home grown tools.
- In the event of a customer outage, engage with different teams in a technical conference bridge to quickly analyze and resolve the customer issue. Until the customer issue is resolved provide periodic updates to SABA Operations, Support, Client Executives and key leaders in the Enterprise.
- Responsible to ensure NOC team is notified on any performance issues or downtime. In case of a customer outage, take ownership for the root cause analysis and complete them within the SLA.
- Handle customer incidents and requests within the SLA. Wherever SLA breach may occur, proactively set and manage customer expectation by partnering with SABA Support representative.
- Automation of standard tasks related to System, DB and Application management.
- Evaluating new technologies and provide a recommendation to management including planning and execution of proof of concept activities.
- Engage and support data center migration projects. Assist in task automation activities specific to the project.
- Engage and support key infrastructure initiatives related to Open Stack, Object Store etc.
Participate in individual and group volunteer opportunities including team building activities to develop strong, functional and cross functional teams.
Participate in the Saba Cares Program, which encourages and supports employee engagement and a social sense of community by matching employee donations.
Actively participate in Saba's monthly and quarterly employee, "Pulse Survey", helping to make Saba one of the absolute best companies to work for on the planet!
Proactively advocate and make hiring recommendations of professionals you believe could help us CRUSH our corporate goals across the organization.
Work hard, have fun, compliment colleagues for work well done.
Work with peers and colleagues to help Saba become a $1 Billion Dollar company by 2021.
8-10+ years experience building and managing a high-transactional RHEL, CentOS 24x7 production environment
Excellent knowledge and expertise in Linux Administration, Shell/Perl/Python Scripting, Automation.
Hands on experience on iSCSI, NFS Storage configurations, Multipathing , LVM, Mail Servers configurations.
Hands on Experience with Unix Scripting, diagnostics & troubleshooting on Linux environments.
Experience in automating routine tasks and scripting automation.
Experience in Linux Servers installation and configuration with PXE boot, Cobbler.
Good Understanding of Networking concepts, portchannels and VLAN configuration on Linux.
Experience in performance tuning of Linux servers, Virtual machines and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
Experience in backup and recovery of Virtual machines and virtual servers.
Knowledge of window's technologies, AD, Exchange servers, Microsoft auditing.
Knowledge of VMware ESX, vSphere, HA & DRS.
Understanding of Oracle and Microsoft Database technologies, Jboss, Tomcat, Apache, JVM, F5 iRULE.
Understanding of monitoring tools like New Relic, Nagios, check_mk, Splunk.
Experienced in delivering a world-class systems platform with scalability and resiliency
Knowledge and experience with device drivers both virtual and physical servers
Good understanding of NETAPP Storage administration and familiarity with other storage products EMC/Nimble.
Working knowledge of various storage technologies, NAS/SAN/iSCSI/Object based storage
Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels.
Willingness to be flexible and not settle for status quo. Ability to be persistent in working towards the organizational objectives and goals.
Willingness to learn from mistakes, open communication, ownership and accountability
Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Engineering preferably in Computer Science (or related discipline)
Preferences to those with strengths in quantitative/analytical skills as well as experience in handling budgetary responsibilities with success.
Technology certifications on Operating systems, VMWare vShpere is added advantage.
Ability to demonstrate the following:
Team player, able to work and coordinate with global teams
Dynamic, innovative and capable of garnering the respect and trust of team and cross-functional teams
Has a commitment to our work and cares about others
Saba Software is a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!