As the Sales Specialist in Technology, you’re an expert in customer experience; executing the flawless fundamentals of sales and exceeding our customers’ expectations. You’re responsible for the customer experience on the retail floor. You’re passionate about technology, and you continuously grow your knowledge with ongoing development. You share your knowledge, experiences, enthusiasm, and expertise of the latest tech products, tech services, and trends with your team members. You’re committed to adding value for our customers. You connect with them, demonstrate curiosity, and build relationships. You share knowledge, experiences and solutions in a consultative manner. And you create meaningful partnerships with internal and external resources, to meet our customers’ working and learning goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO…
- Partner with the Sales Leader to set sales goals and targets. Ensure team understands connection between store financial success and bonus programs.
- Encourage and model a focus on ongoing learning and development with all associates at all times, including partnering with customers for learning, and personally engaging in formal and informal learning on the sales floor where appropriate.
- Partner with the Sales Leader to promote and cultivate a selling culture with associates as Dynamic Inspired Partners, with a focus on connecting, sharing knowledge, and partnering with the customer to help them achieve their working and learning goals.
- Be a role model for customer service excellence and coach others.
- Participate in the training and coaching of Sales Associates in all aspects of sales and customer engagement.
- Identify and communicate suggestions for improvements in all areas of the business. Share how you Connected, Shared, and Partnered on your shift, and communicate referral opportunities.
- Support the store and team members by providing coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require, including cash support.
- Proactively model and ensure the team’s understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies.
- Ensure company assets and physical inventory are secured, and ensure store open/close procedures, loss prevention, and key control procedures are followed.
- Ensure a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position as outlined in the training checklist, and to provide guidance to associates as needed.
- Gather and cascade communications about the business, initiatives, and results through shift starter meetings, communication boards, and The Hub to relay information and ensure all associates understand the direction.
- Be responsible for and take pride in the general cleanliness of the store including workstations, lunchroom, and washrooms for a positive customer and associate experience.
- Be responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and accountable to inform management of any maintenance issues.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety; be responsible for reporting any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- Proactively model and ensure the company’s bag check policy is in place, requiring personal parcels including bags, totes, purses, and backpacks be checked by a manager or leader prior to leaving the store premises.
- Take full ownership of the look, feel, and experience on the sales floor.
- Champion the Working and Learning Company Culture in store. Demonstrate Connect, Share, Partner behaviours and hold others accountable to do the same.
- Be responsible for all in-store brand-defining live events, demo days, and interactive experiences to enhance the customers’ shopping experience and promote the Staples brand.
- Be responsible for the customer experience in technology services ensuring processes and procedures are executed effectively, including computer repair intake, data wipes, and tech room audit.
- Be responsible for ship-to-store and BOPiS pick-up order pick up processing, and the retrieval of shopping carts/baskets.
- Be responsible for all customer order processing, including prepaid orders, special orders, transfers, deliveries, and COD’s.
- Be responsible for reshelf and stock put away from receiving including shrink wrap, security tagging, and demo security; ensure all high ticket items received are verified and assist with inventory replenishment when required.
- Execute, maintain and lead all company presentation standards, including the store replenishment program In Stock For the Customer (IS4TC), plan-o-grams, promotional planners, flyer preparation, pricing, signage, demo products and displays.
- CONNECT: Greet customers, build relationships, demonstrate curiosity through open ended questions and listening.
- Work symbolically with technology and social media to be able to take the customer from start to finish through the buying experience.
- Be proactive and product-savvy, complete vendor product training, visit vendor product sites for newest content on each shift.
- Be curious about people and technology; leverage internal and external networks and product knowledge to effectively communicate how our products and services can help them achieve their working and learning goals.
- SHARE: Generate creative ideas to engage and inspire customers with demonstrations and hands-on learning opportunities; consult and inform customers throughout the buying experience.
- Dedicate time for self-development; share your knowledge with team members to assist them in providing customer service excellence.
- PARTNER: Demonstrate creativity in partnering with the customer to achieve their working and learning goals; stay actively connected, using networks to connect with customers to anticipate future needs.
- Provide accurate, current, and relevant information to customers about products and services in store and in the Unified Commerce Community.
- Demonstrate strong selling ability.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to coach and develop others.
- Be fully immersed in social media and the digital environment.
- Make decisions with integrity that support company guidelines and contribute to an inspiring customer experience.
- Plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to maximize the customer experience.
- 3-4 Years of Retail customer service is preferred.
- Must be able to lift between 5-50 lbs.
- Successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Solutions finder
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.