Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a Service Desk Associate Associate to work in our Vancouver or Burnaby office.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Under the direction of the Manager, Service Desk and the Service Desk Team Lead, the Service Desk Associate is an onsite contact for technology related service and incident resolution for all RJL staff and IFS Agents and Associates.
Specifically you will:
- Ensure timely and accurate triage, resolution, routing or escalation of technical incidents and requests in accordance with established standards and service level agreements;
- Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016, and Windows 10;
- Create and/or administer user accounts within Active Directory;
- Support iOS and Android devices through mobile device management (MDM);
- Possess familiarity of networks, file servers and wireless technology;
- Deliver onsite support on behalf of other technical teams when needed; and
- Participate in various other duties as required.
- Provide superior quality customer service by phone or in person with a consistently high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise, and timeliness ensuring business needs are met with efficiency and integrity;
- Maintain sensitivity and awareness to the various levels of an individual’s IT knowledge, and business title (including C-suite) throughout the organization while providing support; and
- Offer technical coaching and mentoring as appropriate.
- Escalate incidents to peer support teams as required;
- Notify management of critical incidents and their status on a timely basis; and
- Communicate technical service policies for supported products.
- Ensure all Service Desk call information is recorded and tracked in the ITSM tool in a timely manner; and
- Suggest improvements to existing documentation with new or changing information.
- Acquire, maintain and expand knowledge of relevant technical components of the computing environment, current support policies, and methods of support delivery in order to provide technically sound advice and solutions; and
- Participate in service desk/customer service educational, professional and industry activities.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- CompTIA A+, or MCITP/MCSE, or MCP Certification;
- ITIL v3.0 or higher (Foundations); and
- Formal technology training from a recognized educational institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience supporting software, hardware, network and database technologies in a call centre or desk side support role; and
- Experience in banking, financial services, brokerage industries is highly desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Familiarity with call center/service desk disciplines;
- Comprehension of organizational dynamics and matrix based environments; and
- Microsoft Access, Project and Visio knowledge is an asset.
- Professional in demeanor;
- Flexible to work shifts between the hours of 5:00 am to 5:00 pm (PST), and be available for after-hours support rotation evenings and weekends, when required;
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership;
- A team player; and
- Willing and eager to learn.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # 19-239 by February 21, 2020.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- supporting software: 2 years (Preferred)