The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
We are looking for 2 Contract Adminstrators for a large Transit / Rail project in Downtown Toronto.
- Manage multi-disciplinary policy initiatives and projects, including proposals, research and analysis, and cost analysis to further the development and implementation of property acquisitions required by our client across the GTHA region,
- Provide creative analysis, expertise and advice on policy and planning issues to support our client's property acquisitions program,
- Work with team members, Legal Services and project delivery teams to identify policy issues and requirements,
- Develop and facilitate workshops within the CPG and across the client team to advance policy development and awareness,
- Conduct research to identify examples and best practices to support the development of corporate policies and guidance,
- Lead the development/preparation of internal reports, board reports and discussion papers,
- Interacts and/or works with cross functional teams, advisory committees, and stakeholders to progress projects and initiatives, manages distribution of information, provides updates and utilizes influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes,
- Provides expert advice and on program and policy issues,
- Liaises with cross functional teams and advisory committees to manage distribution of information and provide updates,
- Provides expert advice and consultation on program and policy issues,
- Manages the development and flow of useful, timely and accurate information between the business unit,
- Liaises with team members and stakeholders to discuss issues and recommend corrective actions,
- Facilitates coordination and alignment among a broad range of our client's employees to build common vision and purpose without exercising direct authority,
- Contributes to development of policies, directives, procedures, and program implementation standards that support business unit operations,
- Responds to inquiries, provides advice, and makes decisions in accordance with established legislation, policies and procedures,
- Ensures that quality standards are adhered to during the development and implementation of projects and recommends solutions and improvements to business processes,
- Supports and integrates across the business unit for the planning process,
- Develops and maintains strategic planning guidelines and business planning procedures,
- Develops, maintains, and continually improves communication standards and tools, while incorporating best practices,
- Supports the establishment, maintenance and monitoring processes, controls and measures to ensure appropriate expense allocation, cost management, and overall fiscal responsibility,
- Meets service delivery objectives and manages project and department activities within budgetary limits,
- Guides and influences others in performance of their day-to-day activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction/Project Management or related field; or College Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Construction/Project Management or related field combined with equivalent professional experience,
- 10 plus years direct related experience,
- Experience in coordinating the development of price estimates for material, labor and equipment costs and ability to analyze production and construction schedules for evaluating changes and claims,
- Proven track record in major contract negotiations and contract management,
- Manage multiple assignments with conflicting deadlines,
- Management and supervision of Subcontracts group,
- Strong communicator and commercial skills,
- Working from Jacobs Engineering and client offices as required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.