Attention Dog Lovers!
We are sniffin’ around for a Part Time Kennel Assistant to join our awesome team at Country Paws Boarding, where we care, walk and play with all breeds of dogs like they are our own in all climates of weather. We are looking for energetic, outgoing and reliable team players. Seeking applicants experienced in a commercial animal environment, kennel, veterinarian clinic, grooming shop or farm related setting. Animal related education, veterinary technician or animal care certificate considered an asset. The kennel is open 24 hours, and overnight, day and evening shifts are available. Candidates need to be available for 20 hours/week.
- Daily cleaning of house, food dishes and rooms per assigned work routine;
- Feeding and watering of all dogs in your assigned area, per assigned work routine;
- Weekly and monthly cleaning duties in accordance with prescribed work routine and assigned cleaning schedules;
- Garbage removal as required (at least once daily);
- Responsible for grooming and socializing as time permits;
- Take dogs outside for exercise, and to urinate/defecate as required;
- Regular checking of all animals in your assigned area for health problems and reporting any health concerns to the Operation Manager or designate on duty;
- May perform animal care duties, such as nail clipping and bathing as required;
- Regular checking of all water dishes throughout the day and replenishing water immediately prior to the end of each shift and ensure bedding is clean and dry.
- Adhering to the guidelines provided in the kennel guidelines manual, health protocols, and behavior assessment program;
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of all Kennel floors (hallway, Food Prep., Laundry, Maintenance);
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all walls and doors in areas;
- Responsible for checking supplies of food, litter, miscellaneous items and notifying the immediate supervisor or Director, when products are low, and need to be reordered;
- Daily laundry duties, dishes and putting away accordingly;
- Reporting and recording all maintenance needs or repairs as required;
- Responsible for performing duties in a professional, proactive manner in order to achieve and maintain high quality care of all kenneled animals, and providing excellent customer service to the public;
- Adhere to guidelines established in the Policy & Procedure Manual, including the reporting of any abuse or other unacceptable treatment of animals;
- Regular participation in staff meetings to share ideas and suggestions to improve animal care services;
- Must use discretion and good judgment at all times to ensure the good reputation of the organization;
- Must be familiar with and supportive of the goals and mission of the organization;
- Performs other duties as assigned by management personnel.
- Minimum of Grade 12;
- Post secondary education in Animal Care, Veterinary Tech, or any other specific dog training would be preferred;
- Previous kennel or animal care experience will be considered an asset;
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills;
- Candidates must have reliable transportation due to the location of the kennel;
- Must have a genuine interest in and concern for the overall well-being of animals and demonstrate empathy and compassion for Shelter animals.
- Knowledge in recognizing different breeds of dogs including basic care requirements preferred.
- Ability to recognize signs/symptoms of disease and to handle dangerous and/or injured animals with a minimum of personal risk;
- Physical abilities to perform the assigned duties;
- Must be able to work closely with other staff, in a positive, practical manner;
Country Paws Boarding is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Animal Care: 1 year (Preferred)