Working together to be our best!
First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender, originating and servicing both commercial and residential mortgages since 1988. Over the past thirty years, we have been committed to hiring the best and brightest with over 1,000 proud team members. Through cooperation, ongoing coaching, development opportunities and a culture that celebrates both hard work and teamwork, First National team members are supported to lead, learn and grow.
If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team, while working hard and having fun doing it, we invite you to apply online and let us know how you can be part of our success story.
We are hiring a Servicing Specialist, Commercial Administration!
Manager, Commercial Administration
Hours of Work:
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Downtown Toronto Great location! Steps away from the main public transit station
What we offer:
Highly competitive compensation package which includes, base salary, bonus, benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
- Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the terms of employment
The Commercial Servicing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of commercial and multi-family mortgage servicing as per mortgage commitments, CMHC UTI and investor servicing contracts. Functions that are within the scope of the position are: document management, payments, statements, holdbacks/reserves, insurance and annual financial reviews. The Servicing Specialist is accountable for a portfolio of commercial mortgages and to build the FN servicing business through customer service, problem solving and building trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
The Requirements Needed:
- Manage the functions within the mortgage administration scope that include but not limited to: document management, payments, statements, holdbacks/reserves, insurance and annual financial reviews
- Manage the assigned mortgage portfolio proactively to ensure that all required conditions for commercial mortgages are fulfilled to the satisfaction of investors and CMHC
- Manage the portfolio as per FN internal servicing and policy standards
- Respond to inquiries from borrowers and investors as per servicing and policy standards
- Obtain and review legal final document package as per mortgage Commitment Letter and update system
- Generate statements for information, assumptions and discharges from mortgage system
- Review and analyze annual insurance requirements
- Review and manage fire insurance claims (non-default)
- Prepare discharge documents and other related security documents for execution
- Assess and recommend decisions with respect to Holdbacks, Undertakings, LOC’s and Reserves
- Obtain and review the Annual Financial Reports to ensure the loan criteria is valid with no material adverse changes
- Perform changes to mortgage loans and update the mortgage system appropriately
- Work collaboratively with multiple internal departments such as Origination, Accounting, Renewal, Tax, Escrow, Default and Investor Relations
- Apply problem solving skills in solving issues and to meet service standards
- Bring issues forward for improvement in service to customers and efficiencies in processes
- Complete special projects as assigned by management
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3+ years in a financial services capacity
Why join First National?
- Bright open concept office environment
- Large kitchens with a coffee and latte maker to enjoy at no cost
- Supportive teamwork focused environment
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunities to give back to the communities and work through events focused on a variety of charities
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- Extensive training programs to set our employees up for success
First National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
First National supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities; please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applications for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.