- Sociable – understands people
- Positive, Warm Personality
- Superior Communication Ability to build rapport and inspire others
- Creative and resourceful
- Proactive – Self motivated
- Goal Oriented
- Ability to Multi-task
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Work Ethic
- Proven performance and achievement through experience in teaching children and adults in a related field is required. Background or training in any of the following is ideal—
- Gymnastics (or other related sport) performance/coaching
- Physical Education
- Child Development or Education
- Adult Education or Instruction
- Sales and/or Retail
- Extensive Customer Service
- Computer Literacy
- Under the direction and supervision of the Gym Director, position responsibilities include:
- Reinforcement of the Core Values and Mission Statement of The Little Gym.
- Thorough understanding of The Little Gym philosophy and program. Communicate information accurately and professionally to Team and customers.
- Maintain positive work environment and Team morale.
- Ensure the Team is trained to teach classes professionally and in accordance with The Little Gym philosophy and standards.
- Protect the quality of The Little Gym curriculum through the proper use of lesson plans and training materials by the entire Team.
- Assure all safety guidelines are met and maintained, creating a safe environment for the Team and customers.
- Ensure the Team is trained to deliver exceptional customer service and front desk operations according to The Little Gym standards and recommendations.
- Motivate and facilitate necessary Team training to achieve enrollment and other business goals, as established by the owner and Gym Director.
- Oversee tasks and responsibilities of Instructors.
- 60 – 80% of working hours will be spent teaching exceptional classes as scheduled by the Gym Director. Variation in time is dependent on other tasks and responsibilities assigned.
- Deliver superior customer service in the lobby and at front desk as scheduled by the Gym Director.
- Assure all lesson plans (Classes, Camps, Birthday, PSN, etc) are properly prepared and specific, age-appropriate objectives are clearly communicated and understood by the Team.
- Post appropriate parent pages of Lesson Plans in lobby.
- Attend all Team meetings and training sessions.
- Plan and conduct all weekly curriculum meetings to prepare the Team for the weekly Lesson Plans and themes.
- Prepare and distribute weekly class announcements, ensuring that the Team is prepared to deliver appropriate benefit communication to parents during each and every class.
- Plan/coordinate music play lists and theme décor, based on the direction from Lesson Plan. Review all operational information presented by The Little Gym International (E-blasts, C-Blasts, etc.) and communicate appropriate information to the team. Schedule and conduct weekly gym set-up.
- Track and analyze trial class conversion and student retention; look for improvement opportunities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
- Gymnastics: 2 years (Preferred)
- management: 3 years (Required)
- working-with-kids: 3 years (Required)