Dynamo Electric is one of Western Canada's fastest growing engineering, design-build construction, testing and electrical maintenance service companies and is seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee multiple client projects within the Engineering and Construction service aspect of our business.
As a leader in providing design-build projects, maintenance services and technical solutions for industrial and utility clients in Western Canada, our goal is to build strong working relationships with key clients through providing a high level of client service.
Joining our team will mean taking a visible role with new and existing clients. This is a leadership position that reports directly to department managers and will be responsible for planning, coordinating, overseeing construction and contract details on multiple client projects. Preference will be given to persons with experience in industrial facilities, high voltage substations or electric utilities.
Project Manager – Saskatoon
- Plan, organize, evaluate, and monitor the progress of projects throughout their cycle.
- Manage contract scope and change orders with the client.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones to meet established schedules.
- Manage and monitor agreements with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Schedule manpower and equipment for the projects.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Direct and monitor closely all project purchases and costs.
- Hire and supervise the activities of staff and subcontractors on the projects.
- Ensure safe and efficient operations while meeting client schedules and requirements.
- Communication and coordination of work externally with client contacts and internally with various operating and supporting departments.
- Maintain and grow client relationships by providing exceptional service.
- Participate in the estimating and tendering process.
- PMP designation or other formal project management training.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an electrical Journeyman Job Lead, Technologist or Engineer.
- Preference will be given to persons with experience managing projects in industrial facilities, high voltage substations or electric utilities.
- Experience with high voltage electrical equipment and substation construction is an asset.
- Experience with estimating is an asset.
- Must possess strong leadership, communication, and team building skills.
- You possess strong organizational skills, computer skills and have the ability to plan and execute project work safely, efficiently and possibly under tight time constraints.
- We offer competitive wages and extensive benefit packages.
- Current valid Driver’s Licence & Driver’s Abstract required.
Challenge yourself today in an environment that rewards innovation, and hard work while offering numerous opportunities for growth. If you are interested in putting your skills and knowledge to work in an exciting company that is more than just construction, please send your resume in confidence to:
Job Type: Full-time
- related: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Required)