Guru Studio is looking for a highly motivated Sales Assistant to play a key role in coordinating and executing our studio's sales initiatives and supporting the VP of sales and business development.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, with a keen interest in learning about content sales and licensing from the ground up and building a career with one of the world's leading children's entertainment companies. A love of animation, toys, games and pop culture is a plus!
As the Sales Assistant, you will help coordinate materials and communication between production, marketing and any other departments within the studio. You will also communicate with clients to ensure they are receiving optimal service and support.
You will support the VP of Sales and Business Development in a fast-paced position that requires a sound work ethic and ability to juggle a multitude of projects. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker who makes good judgments and manages unplanned situations. The candidate must be well organized, very efficient, extremely resourceful, and have an adaptable and positive service attitude. The candidate should be highly flexible with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to work across sales, marketing, communications, distribution and production.
- Manage Salesforce database (including but not limited to: inputting and updating contacts, call notes, market notes, industry intelligence; report building; sales opportunity tracking)
- Liaise with accounting, business affairs, marketing and post-production to ensure contracts and deliverables are tracked, filed appropriately, and sent as per sales department protocol and templates
- Work directly with marketing to ensure show materials are designed, prepped and reviewed with sales team
- Responsible for sending and delivering support materials to broadcasting and licensing partners with a careful and client-first mentality
- New lead generation and research
- Manage executive's calendar, schedule appointments and ensure executive is on time
- Trip/Market support (Pulling together hitlists for market reach outs based on top-line direction from sales team; working with external clients to coordinate schedules)
- Arrange complex travel and accommodations, compile documents for travel-related meetings
- Attend meetings with VP of Sales and Business Development & note taking
- Manage multiple projects
- Prepare all materials for executive in advance of meetings & presentations
- Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, and copying documents
- Organize files and maintain contact database
- Screen and respond to incoming calls/emails and correspondence
- Ability to work with other assistants closely to manage the executive
- Act as direct liaison with clients/partners
- Provide general administrative support
- Additional duties as assigned
- Demonstrate sound judgment, ability to deal with confidential and sensitive issues
- Flexible; excited about supporting various projects and schedules
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize high volume workload and meet strict deadlines for tasks/assignments
- Strong organizational, time management and project coordination skills
- Good attention to detail and follow-through skills
- A team player who works well with others
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities
- Technologically savvy; a confident grasp of video & audio formats and digital file logistics
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Outlook
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A confident, honest and positive attitude
- Experience working in the production, animation and entertainment industry is considered a major asset