Cigo Tracker is looking to hire a Full Stack Web Developer to join our growing team.
Based in Montreal, Quebec, Cigo Tracker is a web service for logistics, routing, and delivery management. Our intuitive web dashboards and smartphone app offer route optimization, real time tracking, and other customer management tools to improve operational efficiencies in small, medium, and large enterprises. Our goal is to streamline the cumbersome process of delivering and distributing goods and empower businesses to improve their internal operations while providing a higher standard in customer service.
About the role
As a Full Stack Web Developer, you will be responsible for adding new functionalities to the platform, improving existing features, reviewing the overall code base, and contributing to the idea pool. You’ll be expected to derive creative solutions to complex problems, share constructive criticism, develop with performance and security in mind, and deliver clear and maintainable code. Your work must be easy to understand, navigate, and use; simplicity is always key.
- Contribute to new features in every aspect (from design, collaboration to full implementation)
- Refactor our legacy code and work on improving existing functionality, be ready to attack the backlog and provide your feedback along the way
- Respect coding standards and aim to deliver the best code possible
- Collaborate with the sales and development teams to bring Cigo to the next level
- Work in a relaxed environment that ensures you grow and learn from the challenges you encounter daily in your work
Your work environment:
Our office is located in Ville Saint-Laurent, near the Place-Vertu mall, offering multiple accommodations. No downtown traffic, and right off the 40. You'll be provided with all the necessary equipment to do your job efficiently (laptop and dual monitors) in a freshly renovated space. We do daily stand-ups, and keep a well structured Kanban to always make sure you're working on something new that pushes the platform forward. We're always open to suggestions to improve our platform and our company, and are eager to add another great mind to our team of developers.
You’ll be expected to work with the following technology stack:
- PHP 7.1+
- Yii MVC framework (or familiar with other MVC PHP web frameworks, such as Laravel, Symfony, CakePHP, etc.)
- HTTP REST APIs
- MySQL 5.6+
- AWS Services (S3, CloudFront, SES, etc.)
- Microsoft Azure
- Bootstrap 3.3.7 (responsive web design)
You currently have/are:
- Higher education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or significant experience in Web Development (with the work experience to back it)
- Experience working in smaller cross-functional teams Some experience working in agile/scrum development process
- Experience working in Git and using a flow such as Git Flow (with master, develop and feature branches)
- Good understanding of best practices regarding performance and security in web development
- Comfortable with your peers reviewing your code and vice versa
- Comfortable working in modern IDEs such as PHPStorm, WebStorm, etc.
- A friendly personality! : )
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with server side and client side Mapping APIs (Google Maps, Here Maps, etc.)
- Experience working with AWS/Azure/Google Cloud platforms
- Experience working with XMPP communications protocol
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- HTML/CSS: 2 years (Required)
- Php: 2 years (Required)
- Jquery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Agile: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)