Mabel’s Labels is a successful and growing e-commerce company that designs, manufactures, markets and sells stylish waterproof labels to identify personal belongings. We sell directly to consumers worldwide through our website, and across North America via fundraisers at schools, daycares, camps and other organizations. Our print environment, website, and manufacturing technology have been built, and are maintained, in-house. We believe in a continuous cycle of exciting projects that are forward thinking and innovative.
At Mabel’s Labels our quality, our culture and being energetic are what make what we do exciting and fun! Come join us if you are an energetic, self motivated, quality conscious and roll-up-your-sleeves person who enjoys being part of a dynamic team.
As the Production Supervisor, you have direct responsibilities for achieving daily, weekly and monthly production goals, recruiting and onboarding the many temporary staff needed throughout the year. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager and will provide daily direction to the Production Leads and Operators.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Meeting Shift Targets
- Coordinate production start-ups, shutdowns, and changeovers
- Accountable for team productivity/service on a daily basis
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems and repair as required
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings
- Ensure all quality control requirements are met
- Reject product outside of quality specifications
- Complete required shift reports and paperwork
- Communicate production progress and/or issues to the Operations Manager daily
- Communicate with other departments as required
Team Supervision & Development
- Responsible for the management of all production staff including hiring, scheduling, training and performance management
- Establish and support a work environment that promotes effective communication and respect among team members while reinforcing company policies and procedures
- Working with the Human Resource Department - participate in the hiring process, including coordinating/communicating appropriate staffing levels
- Provide praise, recognition, coaching, and corrective behaviour management as the situation dictates
Health & Safety
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the department through the involvement of all employees
- Ensure all team members are following OHSA and company H&S policies and procedures
- Ensure all hazards/risks within the work area are identified, eliminated, reduced or controlled
- Investigate all incidents/accidents, including providing and implementing required corrective action plans
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with employees
- Ensure all equipment, material, and protective devices present in the workplace are used as prescribed and maintained in good condition
- Responsible for advising team members of the existence of any potential or actual danger to their health and safety and taking every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of team members
- High School Certificate required, Post-Secondary education an asset, preferably in warehouse management
- 2+ years Operational experience in a supervisory or management role
- Skilled in analyzing and drawing information for daily operational needs and improvements.
- Skilled in scheduling and planning, budgeting and control.
- Strong ability to manage, coach and develop a diverse team of individuals performing a variety of tasks.
- Strong customer focus, communication, planning and coordination skills.
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate problems, make decisions and take appropriate action.
- Knowledge of systems and the ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Mabel's Labels, a division of CCL Industries has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate this during the application process so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- operations: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervisory/Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Production Supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)