Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
This position can be located at our Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg offices; or Virtual in the CST and EST time zones only.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Platform team to build & enhance the foundations of the Dayforce solution.
As a Senior Software Developer:
What we are looking for:
- You will help build and transform the next generation UI Platform using modern UI frameworks such as React
- You will contribute to solidifying the internationalization infrastructure and pipelines that support the Dayforce application globally
- You will help standardize and encourage the use of design patterns and best practices
- You will leverage your hands-on experience in designing end-to-end solutions, writing unit tests and optimizing the full stack application performance
- You will analyze, design, prototype, program, test and support feature development – the complete software lifecycle in your hands!
- You will create and enhance a scalable SaaS enterprise application
Good to have:
- Experienced fullstack developer with a frontend focus and strong fundamental knowledge
- 2+years of experience with SQL, C# or Java, .Net Framework 4.x
- Hands-on experience with CSS pre-processors such as SASS, LESS, and STYLUS
- Experience with Unit Testing Libraries/Frameworks such as Jasmine, Karma, JEST, and Enzyme on the frontend and NUniton the backend
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems
- Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently and in close collaboration within an agile development team
- Excellent communication, documentation, and collaboration skills
About the Platform Team:
- Experience creating, maintaining, and documenting frameworks/libraries that are used by developers
- Conceptual knowledge of .Net Core
- Experience working with SaaS Enterprise Software
Show us your work:
- We develop core frameworks and components used as the foundation for building the Dayforce web application
- We are a close-knit team comprised of Developers, QA Analysts, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Test Engineers and collaborate frequently with various functional teams
- We are Agile with a huge appetite for continuous improvement
- We have regular team and company events
- We encourage learning and training; You will have access to training resources such as Pluralsight
We would love to see what you have worked on – point us to your projects on GitHub or any other source!
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.