Job Role and Company Summary
Dear Life is a tech start up with an all-star roster that includes several of Atlantic Canada’s top and award-winning entrepreneurs looking to disrupt the way people document their lives and get remembered. Dear Life is a revolutionary online experience that spawned from our own experiences. This platform helps users forever capture and showcase the stories of a life well-lived. Whether you’re creating a page for someone you love, someone who has passed, or for yourself, Dear Life is changing the way we remember our loved ones.
Dear Life is looking to add a talented developer to our team as we build and launch our service. We are looking for those who see coding as a craft, not a job. If you love telling stories, come join us and help change the way in which people are remembered.
A. Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in full-stack development
- Familiar with the agile development methodology.
- Ability to stay abreast of developments in web based technology.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Interest in machine learning.
- Ability to work with a web designer to create user-ready front ends.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
C. Employment Information
- Job Title: Full Stack Developer
- Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Will Train Applicant(s): Yes
- Salary: Cash compensation with stock options
- Paul LeBlanc: CEO of 7th Wave Capital, CEO of Arrivals + Departures (doing the advertising for companies such as SkipTheDishes and Fallsview Casino), Top 40 Under 40 in Canada, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Top 100 Most Influential Marketers in Canada, Top 50 CEO Hall of Fame, Angel Investor and 3x Exits.
- Raymond Pancura: Information Technology Consultant at Raymond Pancura Consulting, Former Director of Technology at Current Studios, Director of Technology at FCV Interactive, VP of Technology at Mode, Senior Consultant at CGI, Architect at Manulife Financial, and Project Manager at Maritime Life.
- Harrison Smith: Startup Canada’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist, Former Co-Founder of Oneposte Limited, youngest to pitch at PitchAtPalace in Halifax, Nova Scotia (hosted by the Duke of York) and Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society for internationally top-performing students.
- Ryan Corkum: CFO of Verge Technologies, Former Senior Relationships Manager at HSBC Bank Canada in Toronto, CFO of Raptor Mining Products and Ideal Warehouse Innovations, and VP of Finance at Tundra Technical Solutions and Vistacare Communications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $45,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Flexible Schedule
- Stock Options
- Work From Home
- machine learning: 1 year (Required)
- UI: 1 year (Required)
- back end development: 2 years (Required)
- front end development: 2 years (Required)
- PHP: 2 years (Required)