Vancouver - Point Grey Campus
Development Office, Level B
Development Coordinator, Stewardship and Events
VP Developmt & Alumni Engagemt
Development - Dentistry
$57,260.00 (minimum) - $68,738.00 (midpoint) - $82,485.00 (maximum)
Desired Start Date:
"Midpoint" of the hiring salary range means the individual possesses full job knowledge, qualifications and experience.
This position is expected to be filled by promotion/reassignment and is included here to inform you of its vacancy at the University.
To coordinate specific development related duties in support of the University's fundraising mandate. The Development Coordinator is responsible for providing program support to develop, implement and coordinate development programs and services. This position is instrumental in the delivery of programs and services designed to facilitate a lifelong relationship with UBC donors, alumni and students. Participates in on-going fundraising planning.
One of: Associate Director, Manager, Senior Associate Director, Director/Assistant Dean, or Executive Director of Development
UBC faculty and staff involved in fundraising
Donors, outside community groups and organizations
No supervisory responsibilities
- Prepares briefing notes, plans and reports for management, including analyzing research, drafting notes for review, developing plans for approach of prospects, and preparing subsequent updates based on outcome of meetings;
- Supports the development and implementation of new unit initiatives that advance UBC`s strategic plan
- Writes donor/prospect solicitation materials and correspondence;
- Researches and drafts fundraising proposals for senior management for presentation to donors;
- Ensures accuracy of donor contact activity on donor and alumni database;
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding and expert use of the University's donor and alumni database;
- Ensures that appropriate donor recognition, acknowledgement and stewardship programs are in place;
- Reviews invitation lists for UBC donor events;
- Ensures processing of donor gifts, pledges and receipts;
- Develops unit analytical reports as requested by manager;
- Develops and maintains processes and procedures as needed;
- Participates in on-going fundraising planning and practice and process development;
- Needs to accommodate flexible hours, attending events;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Works under direction from manager to achieve objectives. Work is reviewed for achievement of objectives, soundness of judgement and quality of work.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Programs conducted by the Development and Alumni Engagement portfolio on behalf of the University are very public. The financial and moral responsibility to the University and to donors is significant. The interactions of this position with donors and others external to the University can have serious implications for the Development and Alumni Engagement portfolio. Poor judgement could lead to the alienation of donors, embarrassment to UBC and its senior administration and can result in the loss of significant financial support to the University.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Minimum of 1 year of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills. Effective computer skills. Proven ability to interact effectively and positively with staff, managers and donors.
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.