- Grade 12 education (MB Standards)
- Graduate and/or certification from a recognized Business Administration Program
- One (1) year equivalent full-time experience
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
- Accurate keyboarding skills, with minimum 40 wpm
- Familiarity and skill in current office technology and equipment
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining effective interpersonal working relationships required
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in coordination, organization and minute taking for meetings
- Demonstrated sound organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated professional and personal commitment for professional development, lifelong learning and continuing education
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Maintains professional manner at all times
- Ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
Under the general supervision of and responsible to the applicable Director/Regional Manager/ Manager; the Administrative Assistant is committed to the vision, mission, values and strategic priorities of Prairie Mountain Health functioning within their position. The Administrative Assistant is an important team member meeting the administrative, organizational and clerical needs of the facility/program The Administrative Assistant functions in a confidential capacity in matters relating to labour relations.
Manages Director/Regional Manager/Manager schedule; makes travel arrangements; monitors e-mails redirecting or responding as appropriate.
Attends meetings, documents minutes of meetings and follows-up, as required.
Maintains employee personnel files, if applicable; acts as a contact for employee questions; prepares letters of offer; completes appropriate documentation for benefit plans/LOA’s; ensures appropriate authorization for absences or schedule adjustments and records electronically or forwards documentation to scheduling.
Develops and maintains central filing system for VP/CEO, including management of records retention according to regional policies.
Responds directly, re-directs or brings to the attention of others, telephone and personal enquiries/complaints from programs and departments, community groups, agencies and citizens.
Responds tactfully, screens and refers appropriately.
Types and composes various documents such as letters, memos, policies, reports, forms, charts, agendas, presentations, correspondence and other varied documents (confidential or public) as required.
Develops, amends, compiles, and inputs into databases, shared files, SharePoint etc. as required.
Maintains up-to-date records of relevant committees, team members and schedules of related committee meetings.
Maintains confidential files and records including relevant departmental/program information and personnel files in electronic and hard copy files.
Responds as directed to correspondence using accepted formats and within established timelines.
Copies and circulates written/electronic materials appropriately as required.
Develops and maintains procedure manual for the position.
Makes necessary meeting arrangements, including notification of staff, collecting agenda items, circulating agendas and booking meeting rooms as required.
Ensures Director/Regional Manager/Manager has necessary documents for review prior to meeting date.
Prepares summary data/statements and reports, as required.
Assists in budget and variance processes as required.
Confirms accuracy/appropriate authorization of departmental invoices and forward to accounts payable for processing.
Participates as a member of the health care team.
Adheres to established policies and procedures.
Completes special projects as may be assigned by the respective Director/Regional Manager.
Completes other duties as assigned.