The Systems Engineering Specialist implements and maintains I/S infrastructure systems for the Canadian Valero environment. He/she will be responsible for operating and supporting Valero’s Windows, VMWare and related platforms and software. This position required also to manage the Canadian LAN/WAN network infrastructure and executing cybersecurity directives.
- Support and maintain Valero's Canadian IT infrastructure environment in both corporate and production/field environments including: hosting (server, storage, operating systems, VMWare, directory services), network/telecommunications (switches, routers, firewalls, cabling) and server room (HVAC/CRAC, UPS, fire suppression).
- Execute cybersecurity initiatives ensuring that security patches and antivirus updates are up to date and monitored.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure and IT security related problems.
- Responsible for escalating any issues having potential impact on Valero's operations to the Manager and to the team.
- Execute local IT infrastructure related projects.
- Act as a subject matter expert for business unit projects requiring IT infrastructure.
- Bachelor of Science degree or Technical degree with minimum of 5 years of experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology. Experience in an industrial environment a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in Windows operating systems (desktop and server), Windows Active Directory, VMWare, as well as Cisco networking equipment.
- Requires good knowledge of McAfee E-Policy Orchestrator (EPO) and Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), group policy management, Powershell scripting.
- Experience with Remote access services & backup software such HP Data Protector and Acronis.
- Ability to work under pressure, self-direction and organization.
- Bilingualism French/English (spoken and written).
- Available to be “on call” in alternately with other team members to work outside normal business hours.
- Available to regularly work on a rotational basis at Montreal downtown office and the Montreal-East terminal.
About Valero Energy Inc.
Valero Energy Inc., with its head office in Montreal, is a subsidiary of Valero Energy Corporation. It is the leading distributor of petroleum products in Quebec and the Atlantic provinces, with a significant presence in Ontario. The company has a large wholesale network and is the second largest refiner in Eastern Canada with its Jean Gaulin Refinery in Levis. It also has other major logistics infrastructures, including the Montreal East terminal.
At Valero Energy Inc., operational excellence, safety and environmental responsibility are the keys to our accomplishments. We owe our success to the skills of our human resources. If you are looking for an exciting challenge, combine your energy with ours!
Valero Energy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
: Information Services
: Jan 21, 2020, 8:45:07 AM
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External