Position: Warehouse Packer
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
Rate of Pay: $19.00/hour
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for someone who enjoys being on their feet while caring for orders going in and out of our warehouse. We need someone that thrives through organization, is detail oriented and enjoys the challenge of a well kept workspace. Kindly note that this role involves physical labour such as packing items, moving furniture, climbing ladders, and ensuring inventory is quality checked.
This role is mainly packing outgoing orders. This includes checking that outgoing inventory is thoroughly cleaned and properly prepared for transport. This person needs to be capable of following an organized incoming and outgoing pull ticket system. This person will also be assisting in client will call pick ups and returns. They are responsible for reporting damages, ensuring that all items coming back are properly cleaned, sanitized, wrapped and ready to go out again.
Lastly, a large part of this position will be working efficiently with the office team (including our lead designers/ lead assistants) and warehouse team. We’re looking for someone who’s a self starter, communicates clearly & efficiently, comfortable working independently, but also capable of working as a team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- General warehouse tasks include: cleaning, organizing and assembling items
- Packing orders for client will-call or delivery
- Making sure all items go out clean, intact and properly wrapped for transport
- Organizing items within the warehouse for client pick up
- Following an incoming and outgoing ticket system
- Loading, unloading and moving inventory by hand, dolly, or basic material handling
- Verifying orders have been packed for delivery/ client pickups or are back in the warehouse from retrievals/ client returns
- Communicate clearly with the Office Team & Warehouse Team to ensure smooth processes and happy clients
- Assist to organize and load orders on a vehicle/truck
- Assisting in cleaning and inventory maintenance
WHAT YOU'LL BRING ALONG:
- MANDATORY: Organized and loves the hustle
- MANDATORY: Self starter and strong attention to detail
- MANDATORY: Team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to safely lift delicate and heavy items
- Thoughtful and resourceful in stressful situations
- Willing to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
We are looking for a hard working packer to assist us in our outgoing orders! We want you to find a home here. Come into the position and make it your own! You will be trusted, highly valued and recognized in your work.
Please Note: This can be a labor intensive position, so you must be physically able to work on your feet while lifting heavy objects for an 8 hour period, sometimes more if needed.
As a Packer, you can grow as an Inventory Coordinator or Inventory Manager if you’d like to stay within the Inventory Department and lead the team and be in charge of all of our inventory (i.e. ensure that the quality and counts are accurate, they are stored properly, etc). You can also grow within the Warehouse Department, who deal with the various processes of safety while operating in a warehouse, troubleshooting storage solutions, etc. There’s also the Design Department who create designs and ensure that the client’s vision is brought to life. As a company we are constantly changing and growing and we aspire to hire the right people that want to grow with us, whether it's in the same department or branch out into other departments/areas of interest
How to apply:
Say hey! Please apply following the indeed link.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-09-30
Expected start date: 2022-09-19