Do you share Raymond James core values of Client 1st, Integrity, Independence and
Conservatism? Thompson Investment Partners at Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a Financial
Advisor Associate who is keen to develop their career within a high-performing team in our
Raymond James Ltd. (RJL) is Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high quality
investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth
Specifically you will:
o Help build the business by increasing referrals from existing relationships, working
with Centres of Influence (COI) to increase revenue, as well as convert qualified
prospects into clients within a specific niche using warm and cold calling techniques;
o Develop and execute a sales plan to achieve revenue targets.
o Deliver gold standard level of service to existing clientele as well as provide regular
reviews and answer investment queries;
o Manage current client and partner relationships by delivering an exceptional client
o Conduct client meetings;
o On-board clients utilizing established processes.
o Give specific investment directions to clients, and articulate our positioning in model
o Assist in research of specific investment ideas;
o Rebalance and execute trades using Croesus software for the team’s managed
accounts, under the direction of the portfolio manager;
o Create client reports and conduct investment analysis.
o Work with Raymond James’ financial and estate planning team to generate financial
plans for clients, including implementing Wealth Protection, Wealth Enhancement,
and tax strategies.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help build a business through various techniques;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven sales skills in an advice capacity to persons of influence;
- Superior time management and organizational skills sufficient to meet multiple and
conflicting deadlines in a high pressure environment;
Experience and Qualifications:
- Self-starter, motivated and hardworking;
- Ability to work in a constantly changing and highly demanding environment; and
- Close attention to detail.
- Post-secondary education;
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC);
- Successful completion of the Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH);
- Successful completion of the 90-Day IIROC RR Licensing Training Program;
- A minimum of 5 years financial industry related experience; and
- Experience with using various prospecting methods to gain appointments.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position
and Job Posting #19-071 August 30, 2019 to:
Raymond James Ltd.,
To be considered for employment, candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship and
permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to
complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company,
including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the
satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly
considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills
and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through
all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human
Resources via email at email@example.com.