Actsafe Safety Association
Position: Safety Advisor, Motion Picture Programs & Services
Department: Motion Picture Programs & Services
Reports to: Manager, Motion Picture Programs & Services
Date Posted: January 14, 2020
Status: Permanent Full Time - Salaried
Actsafe supports the Entertainment industry in British Columbia by providing occupational health & safety advisory services, resources, training and support as needed to help employers, workers and supervisors achieve a healthy and safe workplace. Actsafe was established in 1998 and we serve members in the motion picture, television, performing arts, commercial production and live event industries in British Columbia. We employ a professional team of industry advisors, health & safety specialists to support our members. We are a not-for-profit industry organization passionate about what we do and how we impact people every day.
We want to continue to engage our membership while looking forward to assisting more entertainment companies, large and small, to promote good health and safety programs. If you are an enthusiastic safety professional who brings exceptional knowledge, standards and experience in engaging our members by implementing high quality safety programs, here is an opportunity to serve the entertainment industry by joining Actsafe Safety Association.
The aim of the Safety Advisor is to offer value to our members without compromise, deliver the highest level of service by assisting our members to implement Health & Safety Management programs through advising, training and providing resources.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
1. Safety Program Advisory Services
· Safety Program Needs Assessment: Perform a needs evaluation/analysis of the safety management system, develop and present findings and recommended action plan to members.
· In conjunction with our members develop and execute Health & Safety Management programs as defined in the recommended action plan.
· Engage members to review progress made in the execution of the recommended action plan.
· Ensure specific objectives and deliverables for each client engagement are defined in advance of engagement meetings.
· Complete reports for all clients engaged.
· Advise members of compliance standards, best practices and procedures to mitigate risk and ensure minimum standards are attained.
· Work with members to surpass minimum compliance standards.
· Promote the company’s digital media and information technology resources to clients- such as promotion of the STAR System.
· Attend & Participate in Standing Committee Meetings, working groups and other meetings as required by the organization. Develop resources for SC & provide/receive feedback.
2. Resource Development and Training Facilitation
· Optimize the full resources provided by Actsafe with our members.
· Content updates to bulletins, toolbox talks, forms and other materials as well as course content, workshops & events as required as a SME.
· Maintain professional knowledge based on best practices, compliance legislation and industry standards.
· Provide insight to influence training creation including as anecdotal evidence from industry arises from site visits & client interactions.
· Facilitate Training sessions as required and as detailed in the action plans.
· Work on internal projects to update resources on the website to keep the information relevant and compliant by incorporating our 'mobile first' philosophy.
3. Membership Engagement
· Update and verify all pertinent and accurate information in CRM.
· Engage and facilitate the promotion of Health & Safety as a core value to all members.
· Distribute company educational materials on site visits and during client engagements with the opportunity to collect feedback from members as needed.
· Utilize the CRM platform to ensure accurate knowledge transfer for client data and engagement.
· Collaborate/facilitate communication with our members to share best practices, initiatives and OH&S standards.
· Informal education and training as a result of interactions with clients via email, phone, and during client visits/engagements. Collaborate & Facilitate on best practices, initiatives and OHS Standards internally and externally.
· Represent Actsafe at professional body and stakeholder meetings/events in a positive manner.
· Promote exhibitors, sponsors & tickets to AESC during member engagements.
· Increase efforts through client engagement targeted to increase memberships.
This job is for professionals who are passionate about occupational health and safety. To be successful you must be:
· Motivated to achieve high standards
· Exceptionally organized and detail oriented
· A strong communicator (oral and written) with good presentation/training skills
· A positive thinker
· A collaborative Team Player
· Highly engaging using excellent customer service skills and professionalism
· Able to work in a small multi-tasked team environment
· Experienced in developing health and safety resources
· Able to travel across the province to service members as needed. A Class 5 driver's licence
· Good knowledge of working on Microsoft, CRM and G suite tools
Education & Experience:
· Certificate or diploma in Health and Safety or an equivalent educational background. CRSP designation preferred
· Three or more years of related practical health and safety experience
· Relevant industry experience is a plus/bonus
· Training experience/education is a plus/bonus
A Typical Day:
The Safety Advisor is a key position at Actsafe. This position will promote a culture of safety by working closely with all entertainment industry groups to motivate and encourage a safe working atmosphere. But it doesn’t stop there! Managing ongoing requirements, maintaining statistics, help the team to build resources, responding to calls from employers and workers and other stakeholders; and increase industry membership engagement are all in a day’s work.
At Actsafe you’ll work in a result -driven environment and make an impact to the lives of people in British Columbia. Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
· The opportunity to work on a high-impact area and to deliver on a vision that is already defining the future of occupational health and safety
· A fun, high-caliber, team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
· A competitive remuneration package with extended health and dental benefits
· Enrollment into organization’s RRSP program
· Positive workplace culture and commitment to work-life balance
· Professional learning and development opportunities
If you are driven, and aspire to belong to a dynamic, values-driven organization, kindly forward your resume, cover letter with a salary expectation via the email provided below.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent