Dexterra, is a dedicated, integrated services company that provides quality integrated facilities management, workforce accommodations and forestry services for our clients across Canada in the natural resources, aviation, defence, retail, commercial and healthcare sectors.
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
Because, service matters!
The objective of this notice is to identify talent within the market for opportunities Dexterra has in the pipeline which you may be interested in. Please register your interest today and get yourself recognized for your competency by a leader in Integrated Facilities Management.
To register, please click on the below apply button and submit your coverletter resume.
Dexterra is currently seeking a Facilities Manager for an upcoming contract opportunity.
If secured the anticipated project will provide full oversight of facilities and custodial services and leadership of our team of staff.
If successful, you will be client facing and responsible for the successful execution of the scope of project as well as delivering on key deliverables for our company, including managing profit and loss, human resources, operational excellence and the health and safety of our employees.
Job Profile Summary
The Facilities Manager is a member of the IFM management Team, reporting directly to a divisional management team member. The incumbent will oversee Account operations, responsible for assigned service elements and supporting Dexterra People in delivering services. The Manager fosters long term relationships by delivering operational excellence to meet client and customer needs. The Manager also provides direction and expertise to the account by promoting Dexterra strategies and best practices aligned with our Vison and Values.
THINGS YOU ARE GREAT AT:
Revenue and Profitable Leadership
- Works with a mind set of increasing revenue and profit
- Provides continuing and consistent guidance, management and support to all stakeholders
- Works toward ensuring Dexterra is viewed as a value-add service provider
Sales and Growth
- Maintains awareness and capitalizes on organic growth opportunities with existing Client base
- Advisor on bids to ensure elements important to the Client are captured
- Understands that client retention is embedded as a daily process through thoughtful action and attitude, utilizing the Client Retention methodology
- Ensures a visible Account-level presence to foster and maintain effective working relationship with all Client representatives
- Establishes and maintains a professional, trusting and positive working relationship with clients
- Ability to communicate performance expectations, monitor and reward performance to ensure plans, goals and budgets are met
- Develops and facilitates developmental experiences for effective job performance
- Ensures Dexterra People have clarity of Vision and live our Values in the delivery of high quality services
- Ensures succession plans are regularly reviewed and plans for career growth are supported by a personal development plan
- Provides immediate performance recognition and feedback and as per Performance Discussion Cycle
Resource Planning and Management
- Plans and oversees Services team to ensure strength of operations
- Assess workloads, matching existing personnel resource needs to operational demands
- Coaches and prepares Services team for job requirements and operational excellence
- As required by the company and/or Performance Delivery Review Cycle conduct timely performance development feedback/direction regarding performance
Training and Hiring
- Develops, trains, hires and supports Dexterra People
- Ensure that the right People are in the right jobs at the proper time
- Using networks, helps identify and recruit staff
Safety and Quality Assurance
- Ensures compliance with all safety protocols
- Ensures and promotes Dexterra’s quality image
- Maintains and strengthens client relationship through ensuring customer service excellence
- Establishes and maintains a professional, trusting and positive working relationships with clients
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
Leadership capability and presence
Results orientation/operational excellence
Holding self and others accountable
Professionally inserts oneself to gain insight to Client values toward retention considerations
Ensures everyone has a voice
Understands authority to act
Attention to detail
- Minimum of 5 years of operational experience in Integrated Facilities Management environment
- Awareness of technical elements needed to deliver Services support
- Develops and retains employees, providing a safe, supportive work environment, supporting People strategies
- Federal Government Security Clearance preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Previous experience managing both staff and contractors
- The ideal candidate will possess a trade ticket
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Will be a hands on Management role with routine maintenance required
- Will be required to be OnCall during non-working times
Dexterra is always looking for people who will contribute to service excellence, who are client focused and will develop and support innovative solutions. We believe in empowering our people to be part of the best services organization we can be. We are looking for people who will share their thoughts, ideas and energy every day and will work to deliver on client-focused services and solutions. At Dexterra, people can count on personal and professional growth and a commitment to a healthy workplace. This is how we co-create a culture that makes us incredibly proud to work here.
KEY MEMBERS OF YOUR COMMUNITY:
Supervisor and/or front-line Dexterra People