McElhanney has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Municipal Engineer to support our Vancouver Island branches. With initial onboarding done from our Calgary, AB office, this position will allow anexperienced Professional Engineer to work on challenging municipal projects with a potential permanent relocation to beautiful Vancouver Island! In this role, you will be responsible for guiding a team of five engineers through diverse municipal and land development projects. With excellent leadership abilities and solid technical skills, you will work alongside clients in local governments, First Nations, and private industry.
McElhanney’s culture of mentorship and career growth make this position ideal for the successful candidate to both mentor junior staff, and to be mentored by senior management and engineering specialists within our organization.
For additional information on Vancouver Island, visit our customized Vancouver Island careers page.
- Develop new business opportunities and establish strategic relationships with key clients, agencies and partners
- Lead diverse civil projects; envision, manage and carry out engineering design for various types of civil projects, from proposal stage through commissioning of the work
- Provide detailed design support and production of engineering designs, drawings and specifications that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards for various civil projects including municipal, road works, bridges, and infrastructure upgrades
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of documents required for approvals, prepare development and construction cost estimates, tender documents and contracts, and coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved
- Exceed client expectations by leading multidisciplinary teams, providing mentorship and guidance to junior and intermediate engineers and technical staff
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university plus at least 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng in Alberta or British Columbia.
- Demonstrated sound business development and client liaison skills and a keen entrepreneurial spirit
- High productivity, attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with all government levels, construction contractors and developers
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil3D considered an asset, as well as municipal infrastructure modeling software
- Be a business partner within one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Financial support for professional development
- Affordable housing, less traffic and friendly communities
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses up to $20,000
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.