The Regional Coordinator will be responsible for planning and implementing a strategy to increase the profile of ICTC and ICTC’s programs in the region. Responsibility also includes creating and implementing a regional marketing & outreach plan to increase the uptake of ICTC’s programs including WIL Digital as well as establishing more partnerships in the region.
The Regional Coordinators report to the Senior Director, Skills Development.
Responsibility and Duties
The Regional Coordinator performs a wide range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Creating and implementing a regional marketing & outreach plan to increase the awareness of ICTC and ICTC’S programs and increase the uptake of WIL Digital by employers and students in the region as well as establishing more WIl Digital partnerships in the region.
- Providing regional input to support ICTC’S mandate, programming, communication, and web strategy plans.
- Developing and sustaining excellent, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in the region, seeking out opportunities to leverage these relationships to establish organizational and program credibility and leadership.
- Managing the day-to-day outreach efforts at the regional level to raise awareness, inform and engage critical stakeholders to expand knowledge of ICTC and access to the WIL Digital program as well as other ICTC programs.
- Working with post-secondary institutions and industry associations to increase the profile of ICTC, promote WIL Digital and other ICTC programs within the region.
- Identifying and analyzing the needs of employers, industry associations, and PSE institutions in the region to customize the best marketing to specific priorities and circumstances.
- Creating partnership and building relationships between PSE institutions and industry to heighten the support for systemic change at the post-secondary education level, to effectively align technical, foundational and “work-ready” skills of students with the skills required by Canadian employers by increasing access to more WIL opportunities for Canadian students in the region.
- Developing, implementing and/or supporting innovative and partner recruitment strategies at the regional level.
- Distributing information on the WIL Digital program and other ICTC programs to PSE Institutions, employers, industry associations, and other relevant stakeholders in the region utilizing various venues including social media.
- Attending promotional events and meetings, carrying out workshops, staffing booths, etc. representing ICTC in the region and marketing WIL Digital as well as other ICTC programs.
- Reviewing and distributing communications and marketing materials targeted at PSE Institutions, employers, PSE students, industry associations, etc. to ensure appropriate messaging for the region.
- Assisting in the creation of and promotional materials.
- Serving as the first point-of-contact for WIL Digital program regionally.
- Providing input and assisting in the creation of new work integrated learning models as appropriate.
- Assisting in the development of the program evaluation plan and with the collection of data from a regional perspective.
- Conducting client follow-up with participating employers to ensure good customer service, continuous improvement, employers continue to participate in Wil Digital. This is needed as part of the evaluation and funder reporting.
- Informing management of progress, issues and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Making recommendations as to how to improve the program, address any issues and advantage opportunities.
- Preparing briefing notes on issues/opportunities requiring management action.
- Ensuring close cooperation with program partners to ensure a consistently high level of service delivery at the regional level.
- Coordinating with program staff (ICTC and non-ICTC) to ensure proper dissemination of accurate information to clients.
- Communicating and supporting implementation of the program in the region.
- Maintaining accurate records of activities including, contracts made, events attended, etc.
- Monitoring potential partners, employers and PSE student needs to identify and addresses barriers to addresses concerns in conjunction with manager for greater uptake in the region.
- Holding regular virtual meetings with other staff to explore opportunities to connect the dots with other ICTC programs.
- Working with the project team to ensure all relevant forms and documents are completed in accordance with contractual and external funding requirements.
- Assists, where applicable, in designing and reviewing program material.
- Such other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications
Post-Secondary Education degree or diploma with specialization in fields such as Business, Marketing, Communications or other relevant degree or a combination of education and experience.
Essential Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
· 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, project management and marketing & sales principles and methods.
- Knowledge of the region’s economy and labour market.
- Overall understanding of the digital economy.
- Knowledge of the post-secondary education system in the region.
- Ability to conduct stakeholders’ analysis.
- Knowledge of business and management.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the education sector, digital skills development, including understanding of issues, challenges and opportunities in the education industry and digital workforce.
- Established broad range of contacts in the region including with businesses, industry associations, post- secondary education institutions, government.
- Experience using social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn) as marketing and outreach tools.
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering projects including managing multiple priorities, partnerships, and ambitious timelines in a fast-paced environment.
· Proficient with Microsoft 0365.
- Organized self-starter with ability to work through ambiguity.
- High attention to detail, with strong administration, documentation and reporting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively under pressure with diverse personalities and stakeholders with various mandates.
- Proven track record of building positive relationships and working effectively with a broad range of individuals and organizations in order to further organizational and program objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in French (Bilingual).
- Experience working in not-for profit sector.
- Experience working in the ICT industry.
- Experience working on government-funded and community-based projects.
- Technical knowledge of internet & web-based applications
Culture & Values
- Integrity — Often working with confidential information, this role requires a high level of ethical compliance and sound judgement/confidentiality.
- Dependability — This role requires a high degree of reliability, organization and accountability, in order to meet program/funder deliverable requirements.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — This role requires being open to change, shifting requirements, feedback and possessing the ability to work with remote teams across Canada.
- Drive/Creativity —Job requires ability to determine a way forward where there may be no guiding precedent, working with ambiguity, planning and evaluating own work with little supervision, and identifying opportunities to advance ICTC’s mandate.
- Collaborative– Job requires working with and through others in order to achieve results. Requires ability to understand others’ needs and perspective, share information, communicate updates and participate as a strong team player.
- Professionalism— Job requires presenting oneself and ICTC in a professional manner, maintaining composure and avoiding aggressive behaviour, holding a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic
- Respect for Diversity and Inclusion - The Incumbent must demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion and understanding of the issues and challenges faced by diverse groups.
- Small, entrepreneurial, fast-paced not-for-profit organization.
- Some travel will be required (~35%)
INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS TECNOLOGY COUNCIL (ICTC)
The Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) is a not-for-profit national centre of expertise for the digital economy. ICTC is the trusted source for evidence-based policy advice, forward looking research, and creative capacity building programs for today’s digital world. ICTC’S mission is to, strengthen Canada’s digital advantage in a global economy with the vision to foster globally competitive Canadian industries and a prosperous society empowered by innovative digital solutions.
Please include expected salary range in your cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- relevant work: 3 years (Required)