Founded in 2004, The Latest Scoop is a Vancouver-based company that began with only short-term, temporary pop-up shops. We are a lifestyle concept store, meaning our buyers travel the world —Los Angeles, New York, Paris —to curate a unique mix of product: fashion, furniture, home decor, accessories, footwear, stationary and gift. Our buying is not based on brands, but instead, on what we believe to be beautiful, affordable and desirable. We’ve been writing our own retail rules for over ten years. With a cult following and ever increasing popularity, we now have 8 locations in Canada.
Beautiful, textural, layered and dimensional, our stores represent a truly unique lifestyle shopping experience. Open for a minimum of 90 days, we stage valuable empty retail locations (2000-4000 sq ft.) with our well-curated pop-up shops. Our talented team of expert merchandisers has the ability to open a new store in 14-21 days. And, while we strongly believe in the spontaneity and success of pop-up culture, in many cases, we have built strong relationships with landlords, community and neighbors, leading to full-time, permanent locations. Our permanent shops maintain the pop-up culture with an ever-changing array of mixed product. New arrivals, including fashion, home décor, accessories, footwear, stationery and more, are received every week. With strong digital marketing campaigns to support the frequent arrival of new product, we attract repeat customers on a weekly (and sometimes daily!) basis. In addition, we seasonally change the interiors and merchandising of our stores to keep the customer shopping experience as fresh, fun and exciting as possible.
Love to build confidence and uplift customers? Able to multitask with a positive attitude? We want you! We are looking for experienced, fashionable INDIVIDUALS that RADIATE ENERGY to join our Scoop Family. If you enjoy working with a TEAM and believe in giving customers a GENUINE experience in store - then please apply online or drop your resume off at any of our stores.
Retail - Floor Supervisor
- Supporting Store Manager by assisting with management duties
- Proficient with POS system and company procedures
- Contributes to the development and improvement of SOPs
- Assist in creating and conducting TLS company culture
- Monitoring sales goals and communicating with Manager
- Monitor KPIs to ensure store is on track
- Support the Store Manager with making sure staff follows all procedures and policies
- Execute ongoing training for all staff to ensure they know our procedures and guidelines in all areas including sales, cash, return/exchange policy, staff manual and general behavior
- Zone assignments when the manager is not on shift
- Retail associate for a minimum of 1 year
- Ongoing experience organizing and executing training to new and current employees
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Ability to be flexible, quick to adapt to various learning styles and store environments
- Passionate about fashion