Information Systems and Program Manager
West Moberly First Nations is located 32 kms northwest of Chetwynd, BC, at the west end of Moberly Lake. The area is surrounded by the lake and rivers, trees, and mountains. Our community values its mission which is to positively enhance the procession of West Moberly First Nations’ ethics with respect, honesty, fairness, integrity, and self-motivation by promoting open communication with members, Chief & Council and staff.
About the position
The successful applicant will work alongside all departments to build an information systems architecture for West Moberly First Nations. The Program Manager, report to the Director of Operations and are responsible for developing and implementing enduring information systems to efficiently record and preserve the Nation’s current and historical information as well as to support the streamlining of administrative processes.
Information Systems Development
- Research a new information systems program for WMFN.
- Provide a synopsis of recommended solutions, identifying infrastructure, data collection, and communication options within departments as well as the estimated costs involved and submitting that report to the Director of Operations and Chief and Council no later than October 1, 2020.
- Implement data management tools.
- Document end user support
- Train all users with archival tools.
- Create templates to be used in all departments to simplify processes for grants, member identification, etc.
- Create government reporting templates and systems to duplicate grant information and other required information.
Information Gathering, Cultural, Education Department, Housing and Health Department
- Support all Managers with integrated data system for their departments to streamline administrative processes, including template linkage to a common database.
- Document and create a database for cultural and historical materials, with simplified archival system for member usage.
- Create a system to store information electronically and to be accessible to members when needed.
- Create a cultural library using the technology identified.
- Serve as the key contact and trusted administrator for membership registry and records.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate is a highly engaged and experienced systems and project manager who understands the importance of working together as part of a team to meet common goals. They will preferably have experience working in a First Nations community with knowledge of indigenous cultural practices and creating a sustainable community for its members.
Your toolkit will bring:
- Post-secondary education or formal training in information systems and support or related experience.
- At least five years’ previous IT administration experience, preferably within a First Nations environment.
- Ability to identify system needs and create a project infrastructure, as well as to implement an archival system for easy retrieval of information.
- Clear and concise phone manner and communication style both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated success managing a team and budget.
- Self motivation with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A project manager who can put a plan together that ensures objectives are met.
- Administrative, Microsoft Office and budgeting skills, as well as adept at proposal writing, reporting, and networking, etc.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Complete a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Knowledge, willingness to learn and understanding of First Nations communities, their members and lifestyle.
What We Offer
An opportunity to work and live in a beautiful and inviting community. The successful candidate may choose to live in the Moberly Lake, Chetwynd, or Hudson Hope areas where real estate is affordable and the schools are welcoming. Full time employment, along with a comprehensive salary, RRSP program and benefits package as well as a relocation package are available. The successful candidate will participate in the “bi-weekly Friday-off” office timetable and, upon completion of the required probationary period, also enjoy the added bonuses of two weeks paid time off at Christmas and other cultural holidays along with the opportunity to participate in the West Moberly community and culture.
How to Apply
Interested candidate can email their cover letter, including salary expectation, along with a resume in a single word or PDF file, as soon as possible and by no later than September 3, 2020, to Marion Janssen, Human Resources Consultant
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We are following all guidelines provided to ensure our employees and member are safe. Initial interviews will be by phone, Zoom or Skype.
- program management: 3 years (Required)
- Information Systems development: 5 years (Required)
- systems integration: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Moberly Lake, BC (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)