Business Solution Analyst I (IT)
Manager, IT Solutions
We are seeking a savvy Technology Business Analyst who is innovative and a self-starter, excels at critical thinking and interfacing with the business and technology and able to work in a global team. The successful candidate will manage a variety of tasks ranging from acting as a subject matter expert generating and capturing business and technical requirements and translating them into proper systems requirements, creating solutions to complex business and technical problems, involving rapid prototyping with solutions developed on iterative basis.
- Technical leadership in the workspace for local and global projects
- Identifying, analyzing, synthesizing and documenting business, functional, non-functional and technical requirements and high level of architectural design
- Business process re-engineering/modeling
- Completing gap/fit analysis, including software application assessment/validation
- Data mapping, conversion documentation including detailed conversion strategies and data migration
- Liaise and coordinate with other teams including clients, the business, project management, operations, and IT development to move requirements towards execution
- Developing optimization strategies
- Assessing work requests to provide scope and effort estimates and developing work package plans
- Contributing to the growth and development of BSA team and its members
- Manage IT Business and Technical documentation using standard systems and platforms
- Assist in the Business case development of IT projects, IT assessments, certification processes, audits
- Create Statement of Work (SOW) and RFP/RFI responses
- Resource allocation assessment for RFPs
- Support IT Quality Control team
- Providing key administration and other analytical services
- Require providing backup duties to other members while they are out of the office
- Assist with process improvements, documentation of existing processes, and workflows
- Require gathering business requirements for projects with minimal technology changes
- Assist with test data entry
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Educational Requirements
Skills and Competencies:
- 3+ years as IT BSA is required
- 2+ years of programming experience with SQL Server, XML, C++, C, Java, SOAP Web services, Data communication and transmission, API development, HTML, My SQL
- Working knowledge of Systems/Software Development Life Cycle and Project Management concepts.
- Knowledge of Payment industry and EMV (Europay, Mastercard and Visa) is an asset
- Knowledge of Mobile Payment technology as an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of programming or technical support/testing experience
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, OneNote, Access, OneDrive)
- Knowledge and understanding of UML
- Knowledge and experience working with MS Power BI, JIRA, Confluence, MS Sharepoint
- Agile and DevOps experience
- Knowledge of SAP is considered as an asset
- Takes ownership of their deliverables, brings a business consultant mindset combined with clarity and speed of thought, able to build relationships with their stakeholders and get quickly up to speed within fast-paced environment where maturity and experience are key factors
- Remains up to date with clients’ business and industry to ensure that advice provided is relevant
- Considers the impact of the technology changes to the current and future business environment
- Experienced with various analysis techniques including planning and facilitation of business process review, gap analysis, developers’ walkthroughs
- Experienced with process re-engineering and implementation
- Familiar with project management environment dealing with end-user, working effectively in team-based environment with situations involving rapid change, shifting priorities and simultaneous demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and coordination skills
- Solid and proven analytical, problem solving and coordination skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time management
- A University BSc degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or relevant technical discipline.
- Travel may be required up to 20% within Canada and Internationally
- Fast-paced environment
- Office setting
- May require support outside of regular business hours and weekends
- Safety shoes and uniforms required when attending “Operations “plant.
A Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we work to build workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or valid work permit.
Reference Checks and Credit, Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.